All reviews cinnamon rolls direct tv front desk night's rest wifi worked well worked fine the breakfast area yogurt decent hotel i highly recommend this hotel stayed nights wonderful stay continental breakfast flint wedding mold jacuzzi
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at several hotels and I have worked for holiday inn express and suites for 5 years. There were a lot of nice employees at this location very helpful and polite. I like the pancake machine made mini pancakes instead of the big ones. It did smell musky thou! Other then that had a good time here thanks.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank brandymillers80
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I stay in a lot of these for business trips and this one was super modern and clean. Very comfortable rooms that were spacious and comfortable. Plenty of meeting areas and a really good early breakfast.
Will visit again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank U7345IZchristopherb
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed for a few days dues to an upcoming memorial service for a relative. I found this place from a site called getaroom.com. I DO NOT SUGGEST USING THAT SITE. Full of misinformation and difficulties trying to resolve issues. Fortunately the staff at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites were fully aware and were extremely helpful; to that I'm happy and grateful for the help. The hotel was currently undergoing renovations, so they had issues from several travelers. The staff at this hotel were very attentive to whatever issues we had and worked diligently to fix it. Had a problem with the first room and moved to another. The second room was good. We did have an issue with a slow drain in the bathroom sink but we dealt with it. Took a while to understand and regulate the room temperature but got it worked out after a day or two. The breakfast was satisfactory for the family. Checkout was easy. Like I wrote earlier, the stay overall was good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello Eric C,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a good stay and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My daughters and I were traveling to Frankenmuth, MI for holiday shopping and stopped to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Grand Blanc. We were cheerfully greeted and given the keys to our room upon our late arrival (11:30 PM) and enjoyed a good night's rest in a newly renovated room on the third floor. The hotel was under construction in parts, but the floor in which we stayed was immaculately clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept well.

In the morning, the ladies who were attending to the breakfast buffet were friendly and kind; they seemed to genuinely want to make our day start well. Everyone who we encountered,-- construction workers arriving to work on the second floor, housekeeping personnel, dining room attendants, the front desk clerk was so pleasant and helpful!

As we walked out to our car, two kindly gentlemen from the hotel were brushing snow off the car and scraping the ice from the windshield. They too were very sweet and wished a safe journey.

I highly recommend this hotel - thank you for a lovely, albeit short, stay!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Let me start by saying, I have stayed 19 nights in Holiday Inn Express brand hotels this year alone and this was one of the dirtiest. Granted they had some construction going on but who knows what they are actually doing.

Pool is nice to have but this looked like the oldest I have seen at these hotels. It was like a giant plastic liner insert put into an older concrete pool. Tile was dirty and discolored. No towels available. Room was very warm but pool was cold and no hot tub.

I like the location as it was minutes from 69 making east or west bound travel convenient without having to stay in Flint.

I would have rated this a one had the desk clerk not been accommodating to our early departure and providing us with some fruit and yogurts for the road despite leaving before official breakfast time.

Overall, this location is in much need for not just a refresh of some fixtures but a thorough overhaul and cleaning. This is not up to the standards of HIE.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms were being redone, so if you look at this in early 2018, first floor may offer newest room choice.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi michaelscully,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are pleased with your considerate individual rating highlighting the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members including our location serving its purpose for your travel needs, it is regrettable that the overall cleanliness of our property may have fallen below your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, we take our guest's comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.