“From a hairy, nasty never-again dog-house...to a decent motel”

Knights Inn Grand Blanc
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grand Blanc
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went with my wife and kid to this motel and had two different kinds of experiences in the two nights we stayed there. Here is my story: First of all, I booked this particular motel, because I usually trust the reviews of my fellow travelers in trip advisor...so it's pretty weird when they are wrong until we saw this! We arrived at night and they gave us room 102 and the first thing we noticed was the strong tobacco odor...it actually goes away once you get used to it. Second, we could not sleep in one of the beds because it had so much dog hair that we didn't want to continue unfolding the comforter and the sheets...this was gross! Everything was so filthy, we even had to cover the pillows with our dirty clothes in order to rest our heads there...we almost had to sleep with our shoes on!
I spoke to the manager about it, who later changed me to a different room. This was actually more like the ones they describe in the reviews, I mean a pretty decent, OK motel.
Overall, it was a bad experience, I wouldn't recommend it, all rooms should have the same quality standard.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a very cheap priced motel. The area is very dark and my wife didn't like it and was a little scarred.The air conditioner was very noisy and they don't over any breakfast. If you are looking for a cheap place to say, it is good for that. The room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JhShMN
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We checked in late and staff was very friendly and helpful. The area around hotel was very quiet. Room was clean and no nonsense. Had a refrigerator, microwave and small table and chair. The bed was very soft we like a firmer mattress. Pillows we very fluffy. Nice and cozy.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a Restaurant or fitness center. You drive up to the door of the room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FeuerDJ
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Coming from florida we made our reservations online. My husband and i have been coming here for 3 years every summer and stay for 2 weeks. The changes that have occured from the last owners to the new owners since april of this year i can see the difference in the apporvements goin to be done to this hotel. Changes in the rooms are more cleaner, the staff is very pleasant, and the owners are always willing to be of assistance to make your stay nice and enjoyable. The housekeepers come by every morning and offer any assistance you need while you stay, the maintenance man is always willing to take of any problems that nay need to be done so your stay will be enjoyable and worry free. What i liked best is if the staff sees you outside they always have a pleasant smile and stop to talk to you even if they have a busy schedule the housekeeper i think her name is kim and her husband richard every morning stopped and always asked how we were and offered assistance anytime.

2  Thank Sadie1294
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My stay was good. The rooms are with in my price range. I was impressed there was a refrigerator and a microwave in my room. Ive stayed at hotels before and there werent any om my rooms. The owners are great and the staff was very pleasant. My room was really fresh and clean

1  Thank Dixon445
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Since this hotel has come under new management i have seen alot of improvements being startting to get done. The rooms are much cleaner the new owners are very courtious and polite. The sleanliness is a far lot better than before. I enjoyed my stay here and felt very comfortable and the pricing was great i will be back

1  Thank Mercedes1994
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Knights Inn Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!