“Filthy, Moldy and SMELLY!!!”

Knights Inn Grand Blanc
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grand Blanc
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I warn anyone who's considering staying here....STAY AWAY!! This is absolutely the most disgraceful place I ever spent money for a nights sleep!! This place should be condemned by the health dept.
The bathroom was so incredibly disgusting, I never seen anything like it, EVER!
The tile in the shower was so moldy and dirty. The toilet was worse than words can describe. It was so filthy, it looked like it had not been cleaned in 2 years. It had layers of urine on the rim and down the sides of the bowl, It had dried feces on the back of the seat and under the lid. inside the bowl was completely yellow/brown and rimmed in mold.

Further I had problems with the internet and none, not one TV channel came in well enough to watch anything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dawn C

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Holy nastiness!!!! Discussing ..... Disgusting!!!! Discussing!!!!

When I walked into the lobby it smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked for a clean room. When I went into my room, it smelled of cheap perfume!!!! Not just a little, but drenched! I pulled back the bed spread and there was blood or some kind of bodily fluid on the sheets as well as hair and cigarette burns!!!

I attempted to get a refund, but the attendant didn't know how!! I left and went to the Marriott which took care of me after telling them of the horrible experience at Knights Inn!

I'm a soldier in the Army and have slept in many places. Afghanistan was cleaner than the Knights Inn! DO NOT STAY HERE! I would rather pay for cleaner hotel!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank warriorMP
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I will not recommend this hotel for anyone!

When we arrived, we were greeted with "Welcome to Knight's Inn . . . You owe me $30." The franchise charges additional money for more than two guests. I had thought that when I registered, I had done so with the specific amount of people in my party. However, even if this had not been the case, there are FAR more tactful ways to explain to a guest that additional payment is necessary.

Next, when we entered the room, two things were very apparent. First, that maintenance had not been inside of the room in months. Second, that this had, for a long time, been a smoking room despite the sign which said "No-smoking". The floors had large amounts of dirt hidden behind corners and around the bed. Likewise, the bathroom condition was on par with that of many truck stops after lunch rush. Also, I didn't want to expose my child to second-hand skoke, no matter how old.

However, we decided to go on to our destination and do our best to ignore the conditions. When, we returned to our room after our event, we turned down the beds to get ready for sleep. That's when we discovered a huge stain on the bed sheets of our bed. While we did get in at 2 AM, we expected someone to be available to assist us with getting new sheets. We were sadly mistaken. We tried for nearly twenty minutes to reach the front desk. We kept receiving an automated recording which re directed us to itself. We ended up throwing a towel over the stain to avoid sleeping in it.

When we woke up, we decided to skip showering since it was clear from the staining and standing dirt, that the tub had not been cleaned in a very long time.

I know everybody's experiences will be different. Some people may have had better dealings than we did. Maybe we caught the manager on a bad day. Regardless, this was one of the worst hotel stays I have EVER had. Needless to say, we will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere at exit 90 on US 23 . . . it's closer to the airport; there are a larger number o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went with my wife and kid to this motel and had two different kinds of experiences in the two nights we stayed there. Here is my story: First of all, I booked this particular motel, because I usually trust the reviews of my fellow travelers in trip advisor...so it's pretty weird when they are wrong until we saw this! We arrived at night and they gave us room 102 and the first thing we noticed was the strong tobacco odor...it actually goes away once you get used to it. Second, we could not sleep in one of the beds because it had so much dog hair that we didn't want to continue unfolding the comforter and the sheets...this was gross! Everything was so filthy, we even had to cover the pillows with our dirty clothes in order to rest our heads there...we almost had to sleep with our shoes on!
I spoke to the manager about it, who later changed me to a different room. This was actually more like the ones they describe in the reviews, I mean a pretty decent, OK motel.
Overall, it was a bad experience, I wouldn't recommend it, all rooms should have the same quality standard.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a very cheap priced motel. The area is very dark and my wife didn't like it and was a little scarred.The air conditioner was very noisy and they don't over any breakfast. If you are looking for a cheap place to say, it is good for that. The room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JhShMN
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We checked in late and staff was very friendly and helpful. The area around hotel was very quiet. Room was clean and no nonsense. Had a refrigerator, microwave and small table and chair. The bed was very soft we like a firmer mattress. Pillows we very fluffy. Nice and cozy.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a Restaurant or fitness center. You drive up to the door of the room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Knights Inn Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!