“Beautiful view, Beautiful surprise!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
The Looking Glass Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My fiance booked us a room at The Looking Glass Inn this summer to complete his surprise beach proposal. I had actually been staying in a different condo with my family and he was supposed to be eight hours away back home but little did I know he had a completely different plan!! My family and I had gone to take sunset pictures on the beach only to discover him standing there with a rose and a photographer, I was shocked! After the beautiful proposal and photo shoot he acted like we were walking to his car when actually we were walking to The Looking Glass Inn located right near the beach. He thought we might want to spend the weekend together on our own after getting engaged and it was perfect. The view of Lake Michigan from the deck is amazing and Howie and Norma are so hospitable. I walked in to congratulations from several guests who knew what had taken place and everyone was so nice and friendly. We met some neat people and ate some amazing breakfasts!!! It was our first bed and breakfast and we loved it! The jacuzzi in our room was also a great surprise. Overall it was a beautiful weekend I'll never forget!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RejuvenatedinIL

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Recently spent two nights with Norma and Howie at their lovely B&B, the Looking Glass Inn. Can't beat the location or the hospitality. Norma's breakfasts are to die for and Howie is pure entertainment. Each morning the guests meet around the breakfast table and share their experiences from the day before, while Howie and Norma give ideas on what to do, where to go, and places to eat. Hope we make it back again soon...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We loved our experience at The Looking Glass Inn! Howie and Norma were wonderful and gracious hosts, and their home was the perfect setting for our first experience on the Lake Michigan coast. We enjoyed our stay there very much. The sunset views from the deck gave us wonderful photo memories, and the delicious breakfasts and great conversations around the table were delightful.

Room Tip: We loved the decor in our Americana room. Other rooms were already occupied so we didn't see th...
1  Thank Therese M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It was our first time in Grand Haven, and since my wife and I are expecting our first child we wanted a relaxing, quiet get away. This is exactly what we got! The only reason that I give it 5 out of 5 stars is because 6 is not an option!

The first thing we noticed upon arriving was that Everything was immaculately clean. I'm pretty sure I could have eaten off the floor. The included breakfast in the morning was amazing - I think it would rival and beat any B&B in the Country.
Howie and Norma Glass felt like family by the time we left. They were so friendly, and they truly made you feel like their home was your home. It is obvious that this is what they love to do.
The only piece of advise I would give is to plan on staying longer than 2 nights. You will be glad you did!

1  Thank Tyler K
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The panoramic views of Lake Michigan make this BB a beautiful place to stay while visiting Grand Haven. Norma and Howie Glass are warm, welcoming and helped make our stay special. Their charming home has rooms that are clean, comfortable, and cutely decorated. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts served on the deck where the views of the lighthouse are fabulous. We highly recommend this BB.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great stay for a 2 night stay in beautiful Grand Haven. The Glass family was very warm and welcoming. A different and very tasty breakfast was served each morning. My wife and I were able to enjoy our breakfast on the front deck overlooking the beach, pier, and lake Michigan.

I would highly recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a wonderful B&B. Norma and Howie Glass, the owners, are warm, welcoming, very helpful, fun, and friendly. They gave advise on what to see, restaurants, history and anything else we needed to know. The location is fabulous also, high up and right across the street from the beach of Lake Michigan, so the views are beautiful--of the lake and the lighthouse (especially the sunsets over the water) and very close to fun times at the beach. Restaurants and downtown shopping are all within walking distance. There is a trolley to get up to the house as there are many stairs which would be challenging to bring up luggage without the trolley (there are several steps to get to the trolley, so this is not wheelchair accessable). We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms available. We did not have a good view of the lake from our room, but this di...
1  Thank Sandy879
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Been to The Looking Glass Inn? Share your experiences!