“Unique cute and cozy b&b style hotel”
Review of Khardomah Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Khardomah Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
“Unique cute and cozy b&b style hotel”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We loved staying here. Very unique and cozy. Cutely decorated with lots of different antiques. Set in a private wooded area where we even saw deer with there babies my daughter loved it. Staff was friendly and even mailed our towels back at no charge when we forgot them. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Yes it is a little run down but it was clean, comfortable and very quiet. The walk to the beach was about one minute and it would be a great place to stay for a family reunion. We stayed on the top floor and it's a shared bathroom but no one else was on the floor so we had it to ourselves. Price is great and would stay again.

Room Tip: The hot tub room appears to be in demand..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DJT326
Harpster
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My family & I were suposed to stay in the master suite but when we arrived e found it was double booked & the other couple & us were left to sort it out as keys where the onlything to meet us. The other ciouple was staying for the week & we were staying only one night so we offered to trade to clear up the mistake. The master suite was cozy but the bathroomwas dirty & in need of repair, carpet was stained & everythig needed a bit of maintainance except the beautiful kitchen, but we traded for the wirlpool suite which was much worse!!! When we opened the door the first thing that meets your eyes is a heavily stained carpet & a make-shift kitchen placed on one wall of the livingroom & a slightly musty smell, the bathroom was well done w/ a ballfoot bathtub & 2 pedisatle sinks but the tub had a broken porcline handle & shower curtain that was to short to close all the way around the tub. The one window air conditioner was remenisent of 80's college dorm life & powerful enough to cool he same but was quickly overpower by the dehumidifier pumping warm dry air into the musty space. The next morning I went into the main lodge to pay my bill & speak to th manager as she wan't there there at 5:30pm when we arrived, & it was beautiful warm & cozy leather, wood & tastful decorated. I ask what had happen & how we where going to be compensated & was slapped in the face w/ a $10 discount to my $195 one night bill. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Don T
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Khardomah Lodge for one week. The location is excellent, a short walk to the beach and a short drive into town. The neighborhood and beaches are great. The house is large and has plenty of room to spread out, especially on the back deck looking out into the woods and the front porch.

Unfortunately, the house is poorly maintained. Some things could be considered "rustic" and are interesting, others are simply old and outdated. The carpets and floors are dirty and the kids feet were dirty almost immediately after taking a bath from walking barefoot inside the house. The lighting is dim and the decorations are dark wood, making for a dark environment even with the lights on. The front door does not close properly and cannot be locked. The hot water is WAY too hot and is dangerous. Kids in the tub are not safe with water this hot. All of the adults agreed that the water is unnecessarily hot and could easily burn anyone instantly.

This house is adequate and we had fun but there were several things that really need improvement. We expected more for the money we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevinehrman
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night while travelling through Michigan and we were very pleased with our stay here. I called around 1:30 the day of our check in (which isn't supposed to be until four) but we were in town early and were seeing if we could get into our room and it was ready and the host said it was no problem which was a great way to start. The rooms are essentially just small bedrooms but they were clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was pretty well kept and it was nice that they provided body wash, shampoo, etc. they also have a full service kitchen which was nice for us since we brought our own breakfast food. Overall this is a great place to stay in Grand Haven for a good value.

• Stayed July 2012
Traverse City
Reviewed 27 October 2011

While Sally, the manager, tried to make our stay comfortable, the owner launched into a noisy project hammering over our heads until we got out of bed at 10:30 to ask her to stop. Very insensitive to guests. Overall it is rather run down and filled with lumpy furniture and tired linens. The oven in the master suite was filthy. The Khardoma is only for people who like funky, dark, and quirky.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen M
PetoskeyInnkeeper, Owner at Khardomah Lodge, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
The ladies above came for a night in our Master Suite. They exclaimed when they arrived they loved it, and I met them and gave them directions to the nearby antique shops. Sally the manager said they were "ready to move in" i.e. they really liked it. I was staying in the main lodge, by myself, and there not to renovate but do some cleaning, take apart pictures and clean the glass, put up some shelves, spruce it up. I don't have renovation skills, I did use a hammer for a very short time to hammer a sawtooth on the back of a picture frame. Otherwise, I was by myself, no music on, just quietly going through the upstairs (separate from the master suite). Evidently the noise for the brief time I was in the great room went downstairs and they were sleeping. I stopped immediately when the lady came upstairs. It was quiet through the night. This would allow for at least 9-10 hours of a good sleep. I was sincere in my apology then and the next morning when she brought it up before they left. I personally feel the reaction was in the extreme, we don't get that reaction from guests and it is way much busier in the summer. Not sure what else may have influenced their negative comments. The suite/lodge is not in need of major renovation at all. The suite needs new twin mattresses, which we are pursuing, but other than that, the carpet is clean and the furnishings nice. I will be more sensitive in the future. I have been many places myself that weren't perfect...If someone responds though, why bring it up again and then do something hurtful on tripadvisor? I don't get it.
london
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We felt that this place had seen better days. It is very gloomy and dark.Odd setup with half the doors in the house opening directly into people's rooms. Dont recommend

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Concernedmonkey
Most of our guests do not feel the lodge is gloomy and dark. It is the original wood tongue and groove pine paneling, and like the other cottages in the area, it is what a cottage is supposed to be like, cozy, warm, nostalgic. It is very clean, and the rooms are exactly as pictured configured as they have been since 1925. These are bedrooms/sleeping rooms. The original portion of the cottage is from 1873. Because it is pretty authentic, we have a State Historic Marker. It is important to have realistic expectations so I advise anyone considering a stay to look at the photos and ask questions about it. You need to have a relaxed state of mind, or be willing to adjust a little. I did just spend a few days freshening things up, cleaning, dusting, and moving things around and painting the bathrooms. We do need to keep on top of that. We are especially concerned about keeping the community bathrooms clean too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Haven
#2 of 12 in Muskegon
Hampton Inn Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland

Been to Khardomah Lodge? Share your experiences!