“great place for the money”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Grand Haven
Reviewed 10 October 2007

I have stayed at this property three times now in the past year while traveling on business. Always 2-3 nights at a time. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. The amenities for the price are great, including the refrig and microwave. The breakfast was basic, but always available when I have been there. (Coffee, juice, sweet rolls/bagels/toast) Otherwise, rooms are basic, but always clean and comfortable. They will even hold a specific room on request. Traveling all over Michigan on business and working within a reimbursement budget, this is one of the nicest places, and I always feel comfortable knowing that I am going to be taken care of when I stay here. Love to sit on the upper deck and drink a glass of wine at the end of the day.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank michiganelsie

Reviewed 4 September 2007

We had a bad vibe about the place when we pulled in the parking lot. We came to Grand Haven on a last minute, one day beach trip and this was the cheapest price for a night I could find online. The picture didn't look to bad online but I was deceived.

The clerk could barely speak audible english and was very rude sounding when he spoke. We got our key which was to a room at ground level.

We went to check it out. Very faint yellow lighting, cinder block walls, awful smell, no shower curtain. There were punk teen ages kids smoking right outside our room and were looking inside and watching us, which creeped us out even more. We knew immediately that we could not stay here.

My husband went to tell the clerk we were not staying and he was irrate. He was cursing, I assume, in his native language and was huffing and puffing on his walk to our room. He had to check and make sure we didn't ruin the room and after he stood surveying the room, and remaking the beds that we hadn't even sat on, he refunded us. We went to the Holiday Inn down the road. Almost double the price, but we at least felt safe.

A very creepy place. I will be leary of booking a cheep place online from now on.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 27 January 2007

must have changed owners because staff was unfriendly and rooms shown to us had dirty bathrooms and paint/drywall falling from ceiling. staff very difficult when we told them the rooms were too bad to stay.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MichiganJessica
Reviewed 30 April 2006

Fountain Inn has a really good rate (for the Grand Haven area), rooms have a microwave, refrigerator, continental breakfast, and wireless internet so you get alot for your money, more than most motel's offer in this price range! staff is friendly! rooms are very clean, and I will be staying here again-I have to be in area for business and have stayed there two times so far.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank rakmyworld
Reviewed 23 March 2006

We stayed at the Fountain Inn in October. We were looking for some place economical for a weekend getaway.
We arrived around 8 pm on a Friday night. Our room was on the 2nd floor. I was not prepared for the cinder-block walls of our room, or threadbare carpet and gloomy lighting, and the initial shock was a little much to get over. If I had not already pre-paid we would have left immediately. As it was, we stuck it out. The room itself seemed fairly clean, and if you're just looking for a budget place to spend a night, it's fine. However, after 3 nights in the terrible bed, I had to go to the Dr. to get my neck adjusted. We never made it to the continental breakfast, and were gone most of the day, so we didn't spend much time in our room. We did have a mini fridge which was very nice. And of course we couldn't hear our neighbors because of the thick walls.
Overall, I was not impressed, but in this case you definitley get what you pay for, and as we paid less than $50 a night, i can't really complain too much.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank zephyr35
Reviewed 21 August 2005

My husband and I stayed at this motel. It was a fine for being an economy motel. No frills. If you are on a budget I would recommend this place. If we would have brought our daughter I would have stayed at the Best Western or Days Inn, which seemed a bit nicer and with a pool.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed 14 May 2005

This is a simple, nothing fancy inn with very basic amenities. For example, there is just the little soaps in the room, so one needs to bring shampoo, etc. The free breakfast is pretty basic. My main praise for this place is that it was very, very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Coopersville
Travelodge Muskegon
Travelodge Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!