“Everything we needed”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Grand Haven
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We liked our stay at the Rodeway Inn. Good location to get to the downtown and beach/light house. It needs work on the outside, but the our room was very clean. We loved the breakfast of waffles. Close to Lemon Creek Winery where I loved the wine. The cleaning crew is a little rough looking and tell their life story so all can hear.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs. We were right by the stairs and you could hear the people going up...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Previous reviews were helpful in helping us choose this place. My sweetie and I are traveling for the first time with our little Yorkie and are checking out today after a one night stay. We found the accomodations very clean and prices reasonable with $25 pet charge. That's really our only criteria. The only con was the saggy mattress....but then again so is mine at home. It appears to be family-owned and found the personnel friendly, kind and courteous. Location convenient to beach, downtown, and highway. We'd definitely feel comfortable staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were looking for a value priced room for a quick overnight stay while traveling through the area and this fit the bill perfect. Tripadvisor reviews sounded promising and they were right.

Girl at the front desk was polite and helpful for a quick check in.

Some parts of the exterior are dated a a bit worn but the room was very clean. Bathroom was cleaner than some of the $$$$ hotels! Great cleaning staff. Keep up the good work and you will continue to have success. My only suggestion is to wash the room windows. The dirty windows didn't fit with the rest of the room.

Grounds and parking lot were nice and clean too. Nice large parking spots! :-)

Breakfast was typical fare and no complaints. Would have liked half and half for my coffee but no big deal. Oh yea, please clean up the cups and lids that fell between the counter and window, another negative for an otherwise nice hotel.

Would certainly stay here again and thanks for providing a nice place for a weary traveler!

Room Tip: We had a clean 2nd floor room facing the highway. Thought it would be noisy but it wasn't.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R J
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to this hotel in quite a few years and I was pleasantly surprised that the room I stayed in had an updated 32" flat screen, and updated sink area.
They also got rid of the tacky colored sheets.

A bit loud facing the highway but decent for the price of $60 a night.

Breakfast includes a waffle maker, coffee and various bagels, I didn't look it over too much, waffles were enough for me.

I noticed a few wandering ants and being on the upper level, I found that odd, but it didn't ruin the trip.

I would stay again :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Enjoyed our stay..room is clean,modern and comfortable. They also serve continental breakfast..which was ok..the location is in busy area with lot of restaurants close by...I highly recommend Kirby house restaurant..

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Michiganfan1
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Rodeway was a good value for less than $60/night. Met my expectations for a clean room - although the tub could use a little extra scrub.. it looks dirty probably due to wear of the enamel in tub. I was disappointed by the dingy towels - but no bugs, no weird smells.. I'd return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank restandrelax84
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you require a pool, a flat screen tv and a good breakfast etc. dont consider this place. There wasn't even fruit at the tiny breakfast bar.

This is an older property, but quite well maintained.

Here is the good: Room was more than adequate. It was clean and smelled fine, the bed was comfy, it had a triple sheeted comforter, and was well equipped with fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board. The host Bob was most accommadating. And it was at a good price for the area.
We would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Grand Haven
Captain's Cottage Suites
Captain's Cottage Suites
#5 of 9 in Grand Haven

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!