“Interesting”

Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Michigan City, Indiana
“Interesting”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our first dining choice of the evening was a long wait so we ended up here. The building was a former piano factory so it had some character. Beautiful night to sit on their lovely patio - could even see part of the Musical Fountain show. Our waitress was good, we ordered a glass of wine and parmesan crusted white fish, it came with veggies and an order of pasta w/marinara sauce. I don't recall having this combination before but what the heck! Our salad (with house) dressing was okay but rather wet (water) and flavorless. The piece of fish was huge but rather flavorless. My friend ordered alfredo sauce with her pasta and it was a little flavorless. The marinara sauce had plenty of oregano in it but could have used a little salt. We finally noticed that not only were salt and pepper absent from everything on our plates, it was also absent from all the tables. The atmosphere was nice and the food was hot it was just very bland. If I were to go back I'd have to make sure and bring me own salt & pepper.

• Visited September 2013

Adrian, Michigan
“Good Italian in a great location”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Good Italian variety, excellent oven baked bread, excellent atmosphere. We ate outside which i highly recommend. In prime location downtown with view of Grand River. Drinks were watered down but Salad, Bread, & meal made up for that.

1 Thank 1965Greg
“The worst food I've had in a long time.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My family and I ate at this restaurant over Labor Day weekend. The food was absolutely horrible! No taste at all. The restaurant is very dirty!! My sons butter and noodles was cold, the noodles were hard and floating in butter. My chicken cacciatore dish was gross! The salad is drenched in dressing...save your money don't eat at this dirty restaurant!

3 Thank VicNikShiv
Lansing, Michigan
“Wonderful Italian food”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had dinner here while on vacation. The food was wonderful including the rolls with garlic butter. Best pasta I've ever had. We had dinner outside which was really nice and romantic.

1 Thank PLEM12
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Holy Large Portions, Batman”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Friends were visiting from out of town and we decided to go out to eat to a place we have never been before and we were very pleasantly surprised!

First of all, you should order the flash fried green beans. They are fantastic. I could have just sat down with a bowl of those beans and been satisfied. They were very good. One of our friends doesn't even like green beans and she couldn't stop eating them.

The portions are very large... so large that I ended up taking most of my meal home to enjoy later. They also bring bread and garlic butter to the table as well as salad.

I ordered the pasta with vodka sauce and it had a bit of a kick to it that I enjoyed. My spouse ordered pasta with garlic, olive oil and tomatoes and it was very good! I stole a couple bites because I liked it that much. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the Italian salad dressing. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't my kind of Italian.

The service was really nice. Our waitress was friendly and engaging and the food arrived quickly! I will definitely be returning.

1 Thank CliveR49417