“Location is everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Bluewater Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
Muncy, Pennsylvania
“Location is everything”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights here in mid June. We stayed in room 6. By far the best thing about this property is its location. Lake Michigan is literally right across the street. The "boardwalk" is only a couple hundred yards away so easy access to that. Also have to say the shower was one of the best I've ever seen. LOTS of what and HOT.....(shower head could have been higher for me and my 6'2" frame)...thats the positives.

On the negative side, the bed was much softer than I personally prefer and the 2 pillows were a joke. Also the only lights in the "living room" was in the ceiling and no other lights.

All in all IMO if you are looking for "location" than this is the place for you.....if you are looking for amenities you may be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank photollew

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fishers, IN
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed in room 7B, small room on second floor. Room was clean and well-equipped when I arrived. Owners had told me they'd be on spring break, but someone would be available by phone. TV worked well, used the fridge, but not microwave or coffeemaker. View of Lake Michigan from the upper deck is wonderful. I knew in advance that housekeeping was not provided, but that was fine with me. (I don't change my sheets every night at home either!)
I probably would not come here during high season, as I don't enjoy crowds or really hot weather; but for off-season, this was ideal for me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank murnkam
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I chose this place as it was right across state park, but was disappointed with room and facility.

I booked most expensive suite, and we were not happy at all with bathroom and room quality at all. It is not meeting even 2-3 start standards.

Parking spave is not enough. In one suite you can accommodate 7-8 people, than they should able to provide at least 2 parking spots.

No service after 5 PM you have to call someone from your cell phone as no phone in room, and cell phone service is very poor or not working at all.

BBQ are not clean enough they should clean them frequently as it is used by everyone who is staying there.

All I like about this Hotel is a location and front desk is very courteous, but facility is very well below standard.

Have go far to find good breakfast.

Room Tip: Even most expensive suite does not meet minimum standards of good hotel.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank ChicagoTraveler99
Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This place is a dump. Nothing like the online photos. There was no blanket on the bed and staff leaves for the night so no one can help you. They don't clean the rooms. There were holes in the walls that were repaired with tape. The sliding glass door is covered with three window panels that don't give much privacy especially when other people have access to the same balcony. The office is a mess, its in serious need of a renovation. Only good thing is the location across from the state park.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lynchsar
Indiana
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed in room 8B which is one of the small 2nd floor units but the layout allowed the two of us to have plenty of space for eveything. Right across the road from the beach makes it a perfect location. We used the fridge, coffee maker and microwave. A couple of TV trays would be a great addition to this room as it is often too hot in the sun to eat out on the picnic tables provided. The bed was wonderful for sleeping. We take a fan to run for noise control which we always recommend. No loud noises but this is a family hotel destination so be prepared. If children are a bother I would recommend going the latter part of August. AC was good, TV great. Ice is available for purchase in the lobby. There is a big wraparound deck on the 2nd floor for sitting at any time but after sundown it is perfect. Grills available in the courtyard. We smelled steak once. Weather was perfect. We would return and would love to have a unit with small kitchen facitilites.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank labs7
California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This was my second stay at the Bluewater Inn & Suites. Location is second to none--right across the street from Grand Haven State Park. This is a limited service Inn. You don't get housekeeping service every day, and there is an extra charge if you want fresh towels or linens. The rooms are clean, and cute--some with cooking facilities. We love relaxing on the sun deck in the afternoon and catching the sunset in the evening.

The only downside of this trip for us--ice is available, but only for purchase. The small refrigerator/freezer in our room was in need of defrosting, and could not freeze the water in the ice trays. When we alerted the staff, we were told "that happens sometimes." We asked for ice and with some hesitation, we were given 2 glasses of ice. If we wanted more, we would have to purchase it. I understand that with it's location, the hotel could end up providing ice for everyone on the beach if they had a free ice machine. But I think they could have offered us a bag of ice for our stay, or at least offered to defrost our fridge or replace it for the rest of our stay.

This was the only hiccup in our stay, and a minor one at that. The staff was otherwise helpful and offered great restaurant recommendations. I would definiltey stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Deb16
hammond
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Had a wonderful stay at the Bluewater. The owners/managers could not be more accomodating. Really went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, Located DIRECTLY on the beach it's a great place to watch sunsets and walk along the beach. We went to the Holland Tulip Festival and found this was a less expensive and much better place than those offered in Holland. Would like to go back in the winter and watch the snow come in from the lake, Also go the the Meijer gardens in Grand Rapids while you are so close.

Room Tip: go on line and look at each room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Been to Bluewater Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!