“Great Location, Enjoyable stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Bluewater Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Seven of us ventured to this Inn and we were very happy! The location is GREAT and literally right across the street from the beach. Now, even though it's across the street, it's a good walk to the water and the sand is deep, so if you are travelling with older people that may have trouble with that, you might want to think again about this beach. The wood deck on the second floor, which was where our room was, was so awesome! My parents spent most of their time on the deck (because it was too hard for them to walk to the water) enjoying the view and visiting with the people that go there every year. Our room was actually 3 rooms put together with a kitchen and a bathroom. I do think their air conditioning units could be better. There were glass sliding doors onto the wood deck, which was very nice. The Inn is not close enough to walk to the downtown area really, but it's a quick drive. If we go to Grand Haven again, we will stay here again (we were actually here July 2011 but I forgot to post a review).

Room Tip: I recommend a 2nd floor room but there are no elevators!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fademist

Reviewed 2 September 2012

So here's my story...my husband and I booked a vacation to Orlando for a day and then were going to Panama City Beach for the rest of our week. Well, that's when hurricane Isaac decided to arrive. Lesson learned, always pay the extra money for travel insurance when booking a vacation, which we didn't. So, money was lost. The night before we were to leave for our vacation, my husband and I had absolutely no destination. I was told earlier that day by a friend, to look into Grand Haven, Michigan. And I'm so glad we did. So, at the last minute,I went online, checked out the area, and I came across Blue Water Inn. My husband called and immediately booked our room. Mike, who was so helpful, and even more friendly in person, told us he had a little room available and not to expect anything fancy. Of course, we chuckled over that cause now we're thinking, uh oh, what's this going to be like. But, at that point, our vacation money had already been spent on reservations that would not be used and we just wanted to have a nice vacation with nice weather. Yes, a beautiful room certainly is the first experience upon arrival of your vacation and is a plus. But, for my husband and I, we are rarely ever in our room and wherever we are, the plan is to be on vacation and enjoy everything your destination has to offer. All we ever want is clean!!! The Blue Water Inn was charming, beachy, Super CLEAN and just really cozy. Our room was simple and Mike was right, nothing fancy, but we had a fantastic time! The weather was gorgeous, sunsets beautiful, we walked every morning and night along the boardwalk. We couldn't believe how this vacation turned out!!! We were so grateful to Mike for all his recommendations, his friendliness! So, I really didn't care about a tv being small, or that there's no room cleaning, cause even if you were to rent the most beautiful condo on the beach, you wouldn't get that and you'd have to make your own bed anyway and clean up after yourself.I can stay home and watch tv and to be honest, yeah, maid service is nice but I was never really thrilled with people being in my room when I'm not there anyway. So, I guess it's all about what is priority or of most importance to us as individuals. For us, we had a wonderful time! We will be back!!!! Thanks again Mike!!!!! :)

Room Tip: If you're traveling as a family, book the suites of course. If you're traveling as a couple...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Connie C
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This place has everything you need for a great stay at Lake MI. The location is just the best across the street from the state park. The rooms are clean and each has all the little extras that make it a convenient stay and easy to come back again- mini fridge and microwave in the smaller rooms and all necessary kitchen supplies in the suites. I only hesitate to write how nice it was for both stays this summer because I do not want our great spot to be booked up, but the owners and staff were excellent so I just had to write about it. - Laura O.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LauraA339
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This was a very charming place. It's right across from the beach, which has beautiful sunsets. The workers at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We were expecting a kitchenette in our room, but only had a small fridge and microwave. There is not much provided here (no hairdryer, iron, hangers). This was the only room available when we booked. Don't go by the website. It's not updated often and may show availablity where there is none.
There was a funny smell to the room. I had asked if it had recently been painted, but that was not the case. I think it was the cleaning supplies and we did get used to it. The room was painted and decorated nicely. It had hardwood floors and came with a broom and dustpan. That was a first for me. There was no place to set anything. There was a small table with folding chairs. I had a chuckle looking at my husband sitting in a folding chair watching TV.
The TV was on a nicely painted desk. Who is going to use a desk with a TV and coffee pot on it? They should have had a chest of drawers and that would have put the TV up higher to view while in bed.
I got a peek at some of the other rooms and they looked great. I will go back if I can get a different room. There are nice decks for all to use that look out at the beach. There are two outdoor grills for the guests to use. We didn't use them, but saw others and I think that's nice.
They did have puzzles and games available to use, which is always fun.

We brought our bikes and it was nice to ride into town for dinner or other activities.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view. Don't get room #4!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CincyVacationGirl
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

I booked a room inItially for 3 Nights. The Room was Rm 3B and it was old and run down and the size of a walk in closet. The worse part is they make you pay a 1 night deposit prior to arrival, and it's obvious the reason they do that is because they know you won't want to stay there after you get a look at the accommodations. The room had maybe an old 13 inch tv in the room and the Pillows (if you can call them that) were flat as a Pancake. Needless to say I refused to stay even one nIght In that place and lost my deposit. I couldn't even get cell phone service in the room. For the Price you pay-not worth it no matter what-Stay Away !

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Roblhsr
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Was a perfect place to bring my group of 14. Gorgeous view, convenient to everything we wanted to do, and nice setting. Loved the suites. Staff was very helpful. Loved the second floor balconies. Charming Inn.

Room Tip: Get a room with kitchenette if possible. The very smallest rooms are very compact.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank laughljp
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights here in mid June. We stayed in room 6. By far the best thing about this property is its location. Lake Michigan is literally right across the street. The "boardwalk" is only a couple hundred yards away so easy access to that. Also have to say the shower was one of the best I've ever seen. LOTS of what and HOT.....(shower head could have been higher for me and my 6'2" frame)...thats the positives.

On the negative side, the bed was much softer than I personally prefer and the 2 pillows were a joke. Also the only lights in the "living room" was in the ceiling and no other lights.

All in all IMO if you are looking for "location" than this is the place for you.....if you are looking for amenities you may be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 mi away
Boyden House Inn
Boyden House Inn
#4 of 9 in Grand Haven

Been to Bluewater Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!