“Don't stay if not in bed by 10pm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Ranked #6 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
Dansville
“Don't stay if not in bed by 10pm”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My girlfriends and I get together once a year as we live across the country from one another as we were all army wives. This place was very cute with a great location however; the walls are so thin you can hear everything. The morning after the first night the manager talked to my pregnant friend and asked us how many people were in our room (4) and told us there is a quiet after 10pm policy and that they aren't a "party hotel". The second night were talking one night quietly and the the tv was on and the guest next to us banged on the wall to tell us to "be quiet". We couldn't even talk. If anyone is planning to stay up past 10pm don't stay here!!! You will get yelled at for being "loud" as talking is prohibited. Maybe this place should invest in some insulation, I was very insulted and won't stay here again as we spent a lot of money to have a nice relaxing weekend and TALK and catch up with each other.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Aricka R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is one of those places that I don't want to recommend so that a room is available for me when I want it :) We had a fabulous stay here; the rooms are clean & cheery, the deck is great, and the location right across from the State Park cannot be beat. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Jake and Kelsey were both very helpful and friendly. This is a great place to sit on the deck and meet new friends. If you want 24-hour service and polished surroundings, this is not for you; if you are more relaxed and laid-back, you will love this Inn. One note to the owners, which I hope you find helpful, is it would be nice to have more umbrellas on the deck as it's quite hot later in the day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hola4876
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Bluewater Inn and Suites. Our staff works very hard to make sure all of our rooms as well as our facility are thoroughly cleaned. We appreciated your comments and have rearranged our balcony which has allowed us to add more umbrellas and tables for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon!

(616) 846-7431
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stopped here on a whim heading home from Traverse City. We were on our way after having lunch in Grand Haven to Saugatuk to find a place to stay. When we drove by the Bluewater we saw the "Vacancy" sign and did a u-turn. It was 1 week before our anniversary, which was going to be on Mother's Day, so we decided to celebrate a week early. We went in and told Mike it was our anny, which to us it was, and he gave us a lovely room overlooking the beach with a fantastic patio! It was May 5th and a sunday afternoon so they weren't too busy and he gave us a great deal for our anniversary! It was a perfect day! We went to the beach and stuck our toes in the sand on an 80 degree day in early May. Then went back to room to clean up and have our own romantic happy hour on our deck and went back to beach for sunset. Then out for dinner in GH at the Snug Harbor. It was a lovely evening! Made for a perfect anniversary! Thanks Mike!

Room Tip: I think they're all pretty cool. It's an older place but in a quaint way. Some rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rose F
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Bluewater Inn staff, I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel. We love it when our guests decide to stay with us on a whim. I am happy to hear we could help make your anniversary special. I am also delighted in knowing that you were able to enjoy the beach and downtown while you stayed with us. Hopefully you will come visit us again soon!

Respectfully Yours,
The Bluewater Inn and Suites
Fishers, IN
Reviewed 25 April 2013

After staying here last year, I knew I would return again this year. And I'll be back again next year. The off-season rate is great - 2 nights for the price of 1! The location right across the street from the beach is ideal. There are tables and chairs on the second-floor deck to just sit and gaze at the lake. It is sooooooooo relaxing. The weather this year was not as warm as last year, but it didn't matter. I just wanted to be close to the water. I love the wind and I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed meeting the owners this time. You don't find this type of place much any more. Only a few rooms and locally owned and operated. It's true that there aren't many 'amenities' like room service, spa, gym, restaurant. Heck the rooms don't even have phones. And cell phone service is not great in this area. But I wanted to be away from all that, so this place is ideal. The room was clean and everything worked - fridge, microwave, shower,etc. Already looking forward to returning next year - maybe a different time of year.

Room Tip: Rooms range from just bedroom to suites with kitchens. Work with the owners to determine which one i...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank murnkam
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We take pride in offering our guests the best possible stay. We are also glad to hear you got to take advantage of our two-night special during our spring/winter season. We hope to see you here again soon!

Assistant Operations Manager,
(616) 834-1756
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took an off season two night get away in Grand Haven. Great room rates and we even got a free upgrade to a suite. Owners are very nice and helpful. A pleasure to do business with. Perfect location right across from the beach and we could see the lighthouse from our room. Suite 3K that we stayed in was very clean and it felt like a summer cottage. Very cozy! The only thing that perplexed me was that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom. Overall a great place and can't wait to go back!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Watervliet, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My two children and I took a spur of the moment road trip and found this inn. We wanted something by the water and this was perfect. Beautiful view of the lake and the lighthouses. Loved the quaint, beachy room. The room was clean, and the appliances were clean...we LOVED our 2 nights here! It was off season, so we got to enjoy the fireplace at night. And Mike, the manager was so helpful in showing us all there was to see and do there in Grand Haven. Highly recommend! And we will be going back! Thank you Mike!

Debbie G.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 22 December 2012

This isn't your typical full-service inn on the beach; the front door locks at a certain hour, no room service unless requested and not before a certain number of nights, no phones in the rooms, and no 24hr front desk staff. The room I had was very quaint equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. I stayed during the Summer Olympics, but couldn't watch it because the t.v. didn't work. Because of the limited stafffing hours, there was no one to inform. They claim to have free wifi, but the connection in my room was so poor I couldn't use it. I tried to use the internet on my phone, but the phone service was really poor. All of these things were an issue for me because I was traveling alone and without any phone service was kind of frightening. I didn't sleep very well for this reason and also because the toilet kept running.

Their website is not updated and not really functioning, actually. I was reluctant to book here after visiting their website, but since all the other inns were booked I really had no other choice. It seems that most of the travelers are relatively local and have been visiting for a long time, so maybe they don't need the website. I paid $130 for a basic room for one night, which I thought was steep considering the lack of services/amenities.

On a lighter note, the beach is directly across the street and the lighthouse is a short walk across the beach. But there is no food or stores in the immediate area and downtown is about a 10min (maybe a little more) walk.

This is not really a friendly property to solo travelers, so I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Been to Bluewater Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!