“Enjoyed our stay with kids in suite 1”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Ranked #6 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
north carolina
“Enjoyed our stay with kids in suite 1”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We have two kids who don't share a bed so we are always trying to find a place that has at least three beds, won't break the bank, and still is in a good location, etc. This fits the bill! We had a big main room with one bed and a living room area, a dining table and the kitchen plus, up several stairs, a room that you could separate with curtains with two more queen size beds (maybe full - not sure). It is very light and airy and everything looked fresh and clean. We had everything we needed - dishes, grill, laundry, plenty of towels, comfy beds, etc. We really enjoyed the little patio that was attached where we had dinner one night. The people who worked there were very nice. I went to do laundry and someone appeared to show me how to use the machines - you pay $2 and use them as much as you want. We went to light the grill and again someone appeared to make sure we knew how to use it. The beach is directly across the street so our kids could play over there in the evening while we chilled on the patio. It is also right on the bike path and very close to restaurants, etc. Great location!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ncsnorkeldork

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dansville
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My girlfriends and I get together once a year as we live across the country from one another as we were all army wives. This place was very cute with a great location however; the walls are so thin you can hear everything. The morning after the first night the manager talked to my pregnant friend and asked us how many people were in our room (4) and told us there is a quiet after 10pm policy and that they aren't a "party hotel". The second night were talking one night quietly and the the tv was on and the guest next to us banged on the wall to tell us to "be quiet". We couldn't even talk. If anyone is planning to stay up past 10pm don't stay here!!! You will get yelled at for being "loud" as talking is prohibited. Maybe this place should invest in some insulation, I was very insulted and won't stay here again as we spent a lot of money to have a nice relaxing weekend and TALK and catch up with each other.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Aricka R
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is one of those places that I don't want to recommend so that a room is available for me when I want it :) We had a fabulous stay here; the rooms are clean & cheery, the deck is great, and the location right across from the State Park cannot be beat. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Jake and Kelsey were both very helpful and friendly. This is a great place to sit on the deck and meet new friends. If you want 24-hour service and polished surroundings, this is not for you; if you are more relaxed and laid-back, you will love this Inn. One note to the owners, which I hope you find helpful, is it would be nice to have more umbrellas on the deck as it's quite hot later in the day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hola4876
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Bluewater Inn and Suites. Our staff works very hard to make sure all of our rooms as well as our facility are thoroughly cleaned. We appreciated your comments and have rearranged our balcony which has allowed us to add more umbrellas and tables for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon!

(616) 846-7431
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stopped here on a whim heading home from Traverse City. We were on our way after having lunch in Grand Haven to Saugatuk to find a place to stay. When we drove by the Bluewater we saw the "Vacancy" sign and did a u-turn. It was 1 week before our anniversary, which was going to be on Mother's Day, so we decided to celebrate a week early. We went in and told Mike it was our anny, which to us it was, and he gave us a lovely room overlooking the beach with a fantastic patio! It was May 5th and a sunday afternoon so they weren't too busy and he gave us a great deal for our anniversary! It was a perfect day! We went to the beach and stuck our toes in the sand on an 80 degree day in early May. Then went back to room to clean up and have our own romantic happy hour on our deck and went back to beach for sunset. Then out for dinner in GH at the Snug Harbor. It was a lovely evening! Made for a perfect anniversary! Thanks Mike!

Room Tip: I think they're all pretty cool. It's an older place but in a quaint way. Some rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rose F
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Bluewater Inn staff, I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel. We love it when our guests decide to stay with us on a whim. I am happy to hear we could help make your anniversary special. I am also delighted in knowing that you were able to enjoy the beach and downtown while you stayed with us. Hopefully you will come visit us again soon!

Respectfully Yours,
The Bluewater Inn and Suites
Fishers, IN
Reviewed 25 April 2013

After staying here last year, I knew I would return again this year. And I'll be back again next year. The off-season rate is great - 2 nights for the price of 1! The location right across the street from the beach is ideal. There are tables and chairs on the second-floor deck to just sit and gaze at the lake. It is sooooooooo relaxing. The weather this year was not as warm as last year, but it didn't matter. I just wanted to be close to the water. I love the wind and I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed meeting the owners this time. You don't find this type of place much any more. Only a few rooms and locally owned and operated. It's true that there aren't many 'amenities' like room service, spa, gym, restaurant. Heck the rooms don't even have phones. And cell phone service is not great in this area. But I wanted to be away from all that, so this place is ideal. The room was clean and everything worked - fridge, microwave, shower,etc. Already looking forward to returning next year - maybe a different time of year.

Room Tip: Rooms range from just bedroom to suites with kitchens. Work with the owners to determine which one i...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank murnkam
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We take pride in offering our guests the best possible stay. We are also glad to hear you got to take advantage of our two-night special during our spring/winter season. We hope to see you here again soon!

Assistant Operations Manager,
(616) 834-1756
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took an off season two night get away in Grand Haven. Great room rates and we even got a free upgrade to a suite. Owners are very nice and helpful. A pleasure to do business with. Perfect location right across from the beach and we could see the lighthouse from our room. Suite 3K that we stayed in was very clean and it felt like a summer cottage. Very cozy! The only thing that perplexed me was that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom. Overall a great place and can't wait to go back!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Watervliet, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My two children and I took a spur of the moment road trip and found this inn. We wanted something by the water and this was perfect. Beautiful view of the lake and the lighthouses. Loved the quaint, beachy room. The room was clean, and the appliances were clean...we LOVED our 2 nights here! It was off season, so we got to enjoy the fireplace at night. And Mike, the manager was so helpful in showing us all there was to see and do there in Grand Haven. Highly recommend! And we will be going back! Thank you Mike!

Debbie G.

#2 of 12 in Muskegon
Hampton Inn Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland

Been to Bluewater Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!