“Nothing special. ”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Grand Haven
Spencer, Iowa
“Nothing special. ”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night, hotels in the area are all spendy, so I'm not sure how to assess. Room was clean, we couldn't pick up their internet, the screen was broken, so we couldn't open the window. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Ok hotel

Stayed July 2014
GHDaysInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Our family had two rooms and neither sleep number bed worked which made fire two terrible nights' sleep. One bath tub wouldn't hold water either. Front desk people were nice, but it is obvious the owners' are really into customer service. Rooms were clean enough. Air conditioning also didn't work too well

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
GHDaysInn, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
Thank you very much for your business.
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Days Inn-Grand Haven on US 31 on 7-6. To our dismay, we discovered the following morning that the shower was broken -- the mechanism to pull up on the bathtub faucet was unconnected to anything, and so, pulling it, up, we wound up with it in our hands, and without any shower. There was nothing the management could do for us to fix the shower. The desk did discount the room by $40 from the price we had agreed but that was the sum total of customer service. Morning complementary breakfast was also third rate -- limited selection, poor quality. We hastened to leave as quickly as possible. Avoid this option.

Room Tip: Check the shower on admittance.....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel.
Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
Your feedback helps to to improve our quality of service, thank you.
We value your opinion and business.

Travellers are raving about these Grand Haven hotels

Wyandotte, Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I asked to upgrade to king size bed because my husband is 6'4 and he wouldn't fit in a full size bed, the front desk told me no because I paid in full. I had no problem paying extra but the said no.
Once we reached our room it smelt like someone was smoking in it before us (the room was suppose to be non- smoking). Once we changed rooms it was fine. I pulled back my sheets and there was a bug alive inside...gross. the carpet had not been vacuumed after the last people stayed there. There was hair and food on the ground.
The bathroom sink was inside the bedroom not bathroom, which we have traveled all over the world and have never seen anything that.
We had finally got to the room and in bed about 1230am and we get a knock on the door and it was the front desk and she explained she made a mistake and needed my drivers license again. Wow!
Also there was no iron in the room, so we had to ask for one.
The people that stayed at the hotel we loud all night...sitting outside drinking heavily. We would leave in the morning and there would be beer cans and bottles everyone.
One morning there was also police there!
My recommendation is to spend the extra $50 $75 and stay somewhere else.
This hotel gives all Days Inn a bad name.

• Stayed July 2014
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to serving you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very dated hotel. I walked into my room, and immediately walked out - the smell was horrific. I was put into another room, and the smell was a little better but very musty. The entire place smells like a basement. The rooms have very dated decor and furniture, thin bedding, thin towels, and dirty caulk in the bathrooms. I was afraid to walk on the carpet with bare feet. The phone and the television did not work, and I tried calling the front desk on my cell phone, but could not get through after 5+ attempts. I could hear dogs barking from several neighboring rooms, and there were constantly people in the parking lot letting their dogs out to pee - this may be a benefit to some guests, but was just disgusting to me. After checking in, I seriously considered whether or not it was worth driving 7 hours back home instead of spending one night here. Don't waste your money.

On a better note, the girl at the front desk was very nice, and she was apologetic and courteous when moving me into another room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
We hope you will choose our Hotel again.
Arlington Heights
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Being a tent instead! I CANNOT believe we paid over $100 for this!! Dated, rude staff, highway location. Go local and avoid this place. It's more on par with a $50 a night place off a highway rather than a tourist destination. Say "no michigan!" To this place...

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Minders68
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with our Hotel. We will be taking thi feedback positively. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
We hope you will choose our Hotel again.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had the worst experience at this property. We made our reservation over the phone, their staff quoted us a rate of $94.99 per night. We arrive at the property the rate was changed to $194.99. They would not budge and we were unable to go anywhere because the entire town was sold out.

The room was absolutely disgusting. Everything in the room is at least 20 years old. Carpet smells of odor. The comforters are humid and nasty. The bathrooms are filthy. The hallways feel like a dungeon.

And make sure they do not sell you on their "continental breakfast" because it consists of a waffle maker and toast.

We had a 2 night stay and refused to stay the 2nd night at this property. I highly discourage anyone from staying here. You can do a whole lot better with $194.99 per night. The owners of this franchise should be ashamed of running this property down to this level.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Please know at any time you may approach any of our staffs during your stay if issues do arise and we will do everything we can to quickly solve any issue to your satisfaction. We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review.
Thank you very much for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Haven
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Hampton Inn Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven? Share your experiences!