“Excellent”

Hilltop cabins
Port Huron, MI USA
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My family stayed in cabin 1, the Loon. The view from the deck of the harbor and Lake Superior was excellent!! The cabin was spotless and the kitchen stocked with glasses, silverware, pots, and some spices/salt and pepper. The beds were very comfortable as was the living area. Our party consisted of 3 couples and the sleeping area were well laid out for us.

After readinh some reviews about the poor internet/cell signal I was expecting not to get much. I got 3 bars of 4G signal which was plenty fast for web browsing and sending pictures. I never tried the wifi.

Breakfasts were tasty although quite limited in selection. The ladies who run the business were super friendly and helpful. Overall, well worth the price!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jonathan L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
custer, MI
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed there this past weekend and the host was great. The motel room was good for what we paid for it. We got a so-so sleep and the breakfast was homemade and good. A lot of things to do for a "Cabin & Motel" type place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Douglas H
Merrill, Michigan
Reviewed 27 July 2013

we stayed for 3 days it was a christmas in july theme it was neat we even got stockings above the fire place we used it as a base camp to view the area attractions there were always snacks available and coffee there is a game room and and washer and dryer it would be a great place for familys with small children my girlfriend had trouble making reservations ,Stay with it is worth the small hassle to get reservations if that is the only major complant what am i complaning about

Room Tip: not all motel rooms have a good view if in a motel room get 15 or 10
Rockford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were very grateful to get the last "cabin" available before the storm. It was clean and charming and the breakfast was delightful!!! Thanks to Saree for the delightful chocolate chip cookies! Even sent some for us to enjoy on the road. We WILL definitely be back!

1 Thank Amy W
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed for a long weekend with two small children. We were out during the day so pretty much just used the cabin to keep our stuff in and sleep. This was definitely easier than staying in a tent with two little kids but it would have been nice if they put a little more effort into the upkeep of the cabin. The bugs were HORRIBLE so it would have been nice to have a screen door without holes and duct tape and holes in many of the window screens. Furniture is old and very worn. Blankets had holes in them. Fridge had hairs in it from when it was last wiped out. I get that you are up north and it is rustic but for $130 a night it would be nice to see a little more effort to keep the place in good shape. Wifi was only available if you were standing directly outside of the office. Good luck keeping the bugs off of you while you check your email. We didn't mind that when we arrived no one was there to check us in. The keys were in our room and that was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nina M
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was hoping for the best and expecting the worse when you are traveling for miles out into the middle of no where with a village population of less than 1000. This place is absolutely excellent and has by far exceeded my expectations.

The property has some individual cabins and then some rooms along a little strip. Everything is very well maintained and most have a view of Lake Superior. The properly has many old large trees on the lot which add to the character.

We stated in one of the "hotel" rooms which even included a small kitchenette. It was so cute, I even took pictures before we carried in our luggage. For the price, you cannot go wrong staying here. You will not be disappointed. Don't forget to try out the home made breakfast items in the morning :)

2 Thank Kelly L
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had booked this place for memorial day weekend 2 weeks before the holiday. However, as I got ill, I had to cancel it, which I did 2-3 days before we were actually supposed to leave. We called up to cancel and the lady on the phone (Jeanatte) said that she would do the refund and it would take 7-10 business days for that.
So we waited that period of time and even for 2 more weeks. When we could not see the refund, I called up and again the lady on the phone said, the refund may take some more time depending on the bank.
It's been more than 2 months and we still haven't got the refund back.
Now they don't even pick up my call. When I called up from a different number, the lady(same one) picked up and she said she will have to check in the system if the refund was made. When I asked her if I could know her name, she she said there was a problem in the line and disconnected it. Also, when I tried calling again, which was a min after the phone was disconnected, no one picked up.
What does it say about this place????
It seems like they don't care about customer satisfaction.
They will only entertain the people till they pay them

I am really disappointed by their business.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kash413

Been to Hilltop cabins? Share your experiences!