“Disappointed..”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointed..”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Waited around town killing time because my 5 year old was wanting to see this very badly.The sign on the door said they were open 1-4 on weekends. We waited and no one showed up. So not only did we waste time on our vacation, it was fruitless.

Visited June 2014

PETOSKEY
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“This place is never open when I am in the area...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A very cute little museum from the outside....In order to see the interior, you have to be there within certain hours and they are very limited. I, for one, am not going to coordinate my time around the 3 hours they are open on select days. There garden needs work!! Lots of it...Horsetail galore in it...The building itself is very quaint and cute from the exterior. I wouldn't waste my time waiting for it to open for interior viewing, unless you are a die-hard teeny fan....

Visited June 2014
Portage, Michigan USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a labor of love on behalf of the community to have preserved this unique cottage! The volunteers are always well informed and helpful. Be sure to take your children here. Young ones will especially appreciate the scale.

Visited August 2013
Gulliver, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Big charm, tiny house”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Loved it! I barely recall cartoon characters from cartoons drawn by builder/owner. Visiting was like going back into his childhood memories and my own. Charming, with information-ready docent types. Souvenirs, too.

Visited August 2013
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Unique Home and Gift Shop”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A must see when in Grand Marais..unbelievable that a couple spent their summers on Sable Lake in this tiny home! It is so cute. Love the pix of the residents and his " Teeny Weeny" cartoons. The cartoons are from an imaginative, bygone time i.e. little people making skates from mouse fur with blades fashioned from razors gliding on the clear ice! Just what you would want your grandkids exposed to (not the violence of today). As a side note, the Great Lakes Pilot magazine from Grand Marais has a Teeny Weeny cartoon story in each publication. This attraction is ran by volunteers and supported by your donation or a purchase from their unique gift shop. I love their pickle barrel shaped mugs. We've had ours for years. They are just right for an afternoon cup of tea. This time we purchased "on sale" tee shirts. They also have pickles for your Christmas tree..a German tradition. Whoever finds the pickle on the tree receives an extra gift. Our summer guests came back with framed watercolor print of the Pickle Barrel and bright green mugs (ours are white). As friends and family can attest I am not a shopper..but I just love this little home and gift shop.

Visited September 2013