Red Roof Inn
US$160
Courtyard
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
QualityInn
US$68
US$59
ClarionHotels
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$63
SleepInn
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotels.com
US$131
US$121
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$258
US$237
  • Pool
US$217
US$200
  • Pool
US$166
US$153
All reviewsroom was cleanworked greatironing boardwater pressure in the showerwould stay here againcompared to other hotelsthe ground floorgrand rapids areagreat roomihopmotelhairdryercostcomicrowavedresserhdcarpet
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We checked in after 10 p.m. with no reservation. The desk clerk was very friendly and gave me a choice of a ground level or second floor room. I originally told her the room was for two but while we were talking I said I was with my daughter. The clerk asked how old my daughter was and then adjusted the price of the room as children stay free.

The room was dated but very clean and odor free. Beds felt older but were comfortable. Room was no-frills but everything was clean and tidy. There were only three things I'd have changed about the room: 1., More power outlets; 2. A cover on the toilet (it's a rather small bathroom and it would be good to have another surface to put your clothes or towels on); 3. A fan in the bathroom (there was no separate control for a fan and I'm not sure that there was one.). There was a nightlight next to the bathroom light switch - that was a nice touch. The water pressure in the shower was amazing but I felt guilty because it obviously was not low flow! :-)

There is a 24-hour McDonald's right outside the motel and a gas station on the other side of the parking lot. and it's right off the highway. Great location for weary travelers!

The parking lot was in disrepair and I wasn't able to park outside of our room because there were two giant potholes there. For only $50 a night, the place was in much better condition than I'd expected.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you want to avoid lugging your items up the stairs - I didn't see any elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky55110
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Becky55110
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

So, what do you do when it's a snowcalypse kind of night, your friends didn't make it to you because of ICY roads, and you don't want to become the next car wreck while driving to them? CHEAP MOTEL NIGHT! Red Roof was simple to book online, inexpensive, and surprisingly clean. Even in the snow, it was an easy walk next door to buy a hot apple pie, a much better ending to the day than sliding into a ditch

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JCH62

Dear JCH62
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post such a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and didn't have to drive any further on icy roads. I will make sure to share your nice comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Many good reasons for staying here. They are---(1) very friendly staff. (2) you park just steps from your room door (no lugging suitcases though the lobby or down a hallway or on to and off of an elevator. (3) comfortable rooms but, no fluff like little bottles of shampoo (4) the price is right. My wife and I have children in Grand Rapids and stay at this property at least 20 times a year.

Room Tip: Try and get a "Business King" room...a few extra dollars but well worth it. If you need wi-fi, try to get a room close to the office...it works better there.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Paul W
Thank you so much for posting this review. We are so happy that you enjoy staying at our inn and like our superior king room. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. It is truly a pleasure having you as a guest, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This hotel is a great deal for the money. Very clean, smells good. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Constance S
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and like our quality and hospitality. The feedback from our guest is always important as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stay in this hotel twice a week on average. The staff is always helpful, the room is always clean and the price is great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Rick
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoy staying at our inn each week and we truly apprectiate having you as our guest. I will make sure to share you comments with the rest of our team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.