Red Roof Inn
US$170
Courtyard
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
QualityInn
US$77
US$67
ClarionHotels
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
SleepInn
US$140
US$128
US$166
US$153
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$299
US$237
  • Pool
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$266
US$211
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanworked greatironing boardwater pressure in the showerwould stay here againcompared to other hotelsthe ground floorgrand rapids areagreat roomihopmotelhairdryercostcomicrowavedresserhdcarpet
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I needed a park and fly hotel but did not want to spend a fortune so I went with the Red Roof Inn. Check in went smoothly, I did put a note in the reservation that I was needing to do the park and fly so she had me fill out the ledger and asked what time I needed to be picked up. She had to call the shuttle service and set it up, when that was done she called me to confirm it was set up. They do not have their own shuttle, they use from my understanding another hotel shuttle which I found out when I returned and needed to be picked up from the airport. I was instructed to call upon returning to the airport and when I called I was told that she needed to find a shuttle to pick me up and when she found one she would call me back. I just decided to take a cab back to the hotel, I did not want to wait around for all of that. It may not have taken that long but the cabs were right outside the door so I just went with that. 10 minutes and $12.00 dollars later I was at the hotel.

After checking in I went to my room and when walking in I tried to turn on the lights, none of the lights worked. Called the front desk, she had to go and reset the breaker after about 15 minutes I had lights. The hotel is in a great location to food and shopping and 10 minutes from the airport.

It is a decent hotel I was just not a fan of the shuttle service.

Overall a decent hotel in a good location. Just was not a fan of the shuttle service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IWANT2TRAVLNOW
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear IWANT2TRVLNOW,

Thank you for reviewing our inn. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. To address the shuttle service; we are currently using the shuttle of a sister property nearby. We can guarantee that the shuttle will pick you up within 15min of when you call to notify us that you have arrived. Departures from our location to the airport are scheduled the night before so there is no wait time for the shuttle to the airport. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in town!

Best regards,

Ami Tricomo

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I don't remember anything particularly bad about my stay at this Red Roof Inn. The check in staff was friendly, the room clean and comfortable, and the wireless internet worked fine. I left pretty early in the morning to catch a flight from GRR, and it was pretty convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our amenities and location to be convenient for your travels through Grand Rapids. You are welcome to take advantage of our airport shuttle next time you are in town!

Best regards,

Ami Tricomo

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The room was small, which was ok for one night. I wouldn't stay longer than two if you have a family. They have make update to the rooms, but the beds was horrible. In great need of new mattresses and the bath tub ,which had cracks in. The floor and bathroom needed to be reclean. I was in room 334.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MsSexylady266
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I regret to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectation during your previous stay with us. We have just recently completed renovations and are still in the process of replacing the mattresses in the rooms. We hope you will give us the opportunity provide you with a superior stay next time you are in town.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a business trip. I must say, the upgrades to the room are very nice, and the room seemed to "appear" clean. Until further inspection. Every picture frame and wall hanging were COVERED in about a months worth of dust, there were cobwebs hanging above the sink from the flourescent lights, someone even wrote "clean me" on the top half of the mirror (which you can tell was only wiped clean halfway up). The clock was not set, phone unplugged from the wall, fridge not plugged in. And the bathroom? DISGUISTING! On the side, back, and under the seat of the toilet was some reddish splatter which I don't even want to think of what it could be! The floor obviously had not been swept due to cigarette ashes all around the base of the toilet, and there was mold under the toilet seat as well. The bathtub had a ring of grime in it, which easily wies off with water, so why was this so hard to clean?? After seeing all of this, we will definetely NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow tripadvisor travelers. I would like to forward my sincere apologies for the condition of the room upon check in. I want to assure you that this is not a regular occurrence in our facility. We are now in the process of retraining our housekeepers on the standards and procedures of our brands quality requirements. We hope that this apology and course of action will in some way renew your faith in our brand. We hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is not the Ritz-Carlton to be sure, but for the price, it is very nice. It appears to have been recently remodeled and in good condition. Carpeting has been replaced with faux-hardwood, which is like. Bed was reasonably comfortable, though pillows (like most places) were a bit funky....bring your own if you can. Only negative is that the plumbing is loud. You can hear the shower running, from other rooms! Sounds like a jet engine! But, since we were awake it was no big deal to us.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Russ,

Thank you for your honest review. We are glad to see that you have noticed the many changes we have made to the property and hope to see you again next time your travels require nice affordable accommodations in the area!