“Clean. ”

Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Hudson, NC
“Clean. ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week. The staff was friendly, location is convenient to shopping and eating. My room was clean, bed was comfortable.

They were doing some renovations on the sidewalk outside of my door, including new concrete, this was a slight inconvenience. Also compared to other hotels in the area their channel selection is a bit lacking in my opinion. Overall it's a decent place and I plan to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JoeyBowman
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for your response! I am glad that our rooms were accommodating for you! I do apologize about the concrete work that was being done during your stay, as it is now completed and looking beautiful! As for the channel selection, unfortunately we do have the minimum requirement to adhere to Red Roof Standards. However, our location offers many things to do within walking distance, as well as the surrounding areas! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Grand Rapids!

f: 616.942.7741

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Quincy, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Red Roof got the essentials right. Upgraded modern furniture in the king offiice room. Flat screen,fridge,micro wave and square sink on top of storage counter top. Actually I was surprised and impressed. Plan to book here again for pleasure trips to visit friends. Hope prices don't increase. No breakfast but 20% off at IHOP with room card was great, oh and a 12 noon check-out.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank dracz
Thank you for your review! I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! I too love the modern look of the rooms, as do many of our guests. Also, the microwaves and refrigerators are conveniently located in all of our rooms to help give each of our guests the most accommodating room available. My staff and I look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Grand Rapids!

West Bend, WI
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We needed to quickly find a one night stay in Grand Rapids area. A check on Trip Advisor turned up a highly rated, low cost opening at the Red Roof Inn. The staff was outstanding, both at check-in and check-out. Our room was neat and clean and the bed wonderful. The location is a tough one to keep a hotel in great shape, but this was a pleasant oasis on a long journey home. Thank you all who wrote reviews. It was your reviews that steered us to this good bargain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WBDon
Thank you and all others for your reviews, as they are a key factor to bring people to our property! I am pleased that you were able to stay at our property and my staff and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this no frills room at a great price as a pit stop on a long road trip. Plentiful restaurant choices with a great Bob Evans for early breakfast. Grocery stores too for cheap provisions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The front desk manager was extremely pleasant and helpful. Asked for extra pillows and she brought them herself! This property does cater to long term guests, and is a little rough around the edges on the exterior. Not sure if there was supposed to be in room wifi, if so that did not work. But again, the rate was $100 or more cheaper than all other near by options and worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RTRupp
Thank you for you review! I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay. You will be glad to hear that our exterior is currently being renovated, as we just finished replacing the concrete upstairs as well as other provisions and renovations! As for the internet I am working on making it faster and more efficient for all of my rooms.

Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at this red Roof several times in 2013 and 2014. Friendly management and staff, good prices, convenient location, clean rooms - this is what made me stay over there. Sometimes the internet was not so fast, but it didn't happen to often. I recommend everybody to stay at this Red Roof any time while in Grand Rapids. There are so many good places around to eat and to see.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay!

p.s. I am working on getting the internet a little faster too!

Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

So, I must say that every hotel in Grand Rapids was booked to capacity and I stayed here as a last resort due to no available rooms at other hotels. This appeared to be the next best thing (it represented the best of the available motels). When I arrived I had just enough time to check in and then had to quickly rush to a 7pm meeting. Upon entering the room, I was initially impressed by the wood laminate floors and how modern the room looked. BUT I also noticed it smelled stale. (not exactly like cigarettes, so I chocked it up to needing to turn the air conditioner on really high to make the room feel less stuffy) I left and returned around 11:00 pm and that my friend is where this commentary get's exciting!
I pulled into the parking lot which was at capacity, I kept driving around to find a parking spot. What I found was various groups of people congregating in the parking lot smoking funny things. I finally land a spot 10 (approximately) doors down from my room. I back in and begin to gather my things, when I notice the guy in the car next to me watching me intently. I decided to wait for him to leave his vehicle and go into his room so that he wouldn't see what room I was staying in. After 15 minutes I decided to just take my chances and got out of my car. This guy then jumps out of his car and starts approaching me exclaiming that I couldn't park in the spot because his buddy LIVES in the room and that I was in his Parking spot. (STRIKE ONE)
Then I walk to the lobby to speak with the manager- who informs me that it wasn't much he could do about the loitering, but that he would speak to the guy so that he doesn't bother me again. (STRIKE TWO) what kind of property can't control loitering on PRIVATE property.
I FINALLY get to my room (and the fun continues). The room is still warm and stale. (The air conditioner upon closer inspection is FILTHY.) I turn down the bedding and the comforter is dirty and the pillow case has SCUFF MARKS. Being a trooper I improvise by spreading the bath towels on the pillows and bedding so that I could sleep on something clean and even the towels were dirty. Next a bug flies out of bed. (STRIKE THREE)- and I'm done.
I take pictures and pack up to get the heck out of dodge. The front deck clerk looks at the pictures and says I am justified in my concerns and immediately checks me out. He says he is unable to process a refund and that the Manager would contact me upon her arrival to address my concerns and issue a refund. Of course no one called me, so I return to speak with the Manager. She explains that she had charged me for the room, because she had her head housekeeper to inspect the room. Upon showing her the pictures, she replies, "Oh, that's all". Needless to say, I can't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I regret to hear that your stay was less than a positive one. This is not a usual circumstance in our facility and I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I want to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention so we are able to address them straight away. We are instigating new training procedures for the housekeeping team to ensure that this does not occur to any of our future guests. I would like to mention that we did issue a full refund at the time you brought these matters up to the desk and hope that this apology and the refund previously issued will in some way renew your faith in our brand.

Best regards,

Ami Tricomo
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I made a mistake and booked for a later day but the clerk was very nice and accommodating. The room showed signs of being freshly remodeled. we stayed in room 220. One bad thing was that it looks like the outside walkway could collapse at any time and another was the cigarette burn in the blanket. All was quiet and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: doesn't offer breakfast but Mickey dees is right next door. and a good steak house is across the...