“Not ADA compliant”

Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Fort Worth
“Not ADA compliant”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was traveling for business and had a handicapped co-worker with me. This hotel has no elevator and it was very difficult getting him up the stairs to the room. Room was ok, but had maintenance and deep cleaning issues. Surrounding businesses such as food options etc. are very good. Access to the highway was quick and easy.

I arrived past midnight was greeted by a very friendly, awake and competent staff member.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eaton Rapids
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Rooms were very neat and clean, and staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms and hallways smelled smokey, though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_GrandRapids, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The staff is trying very hard. I am not sure about the smoke smell in the hallways. We are a non-smoking hotel as are all in Michigan. We did have a hallway carpet cleaned this past week and we hope that resolves the issue. We look forward to seeing you again.
Rock Falls, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I really didn't find this location overly special but I thought it was a great value for the price. It had a bed and a television, which was all I really needed for an overnight trip. I thought the staff was very courteous and friendly and I found the location to be clean and quiet as well. I've seen a lot of reviews complaining about the smell of this location but I never noticed it while I was there. The only complaint that I have is that the air conditioner didn't work very well. I had it turned up as high as I was allowed to turn it, and it really never did cool down the room very much. If I ever make another trip to Grand Rapids, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
GM_GrandRapids, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will check into the a/c issue to see what the problem is. Hope to see you back very soon!!!!
Travellers also viewed these Grand Rapids hotels
#7 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Travelodge Grand Rapids
Travelodge Grand Rapids
#34 of 48 in Grand Rapids

Been to Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport

Property: Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport
Address: 4855 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512-2001 (Formerly Super 8 Grand Rapids/Airport)
Region: United States > Michigan > Kent County > Grand Rapids
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Grand Rapids/Airport Hotel Grand Rapids