“Worth your time”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worth your time”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Here is a recent letter I wrote to the Museum:
I have two young girls who are absolutely fascinated with Victorian era clothing and fashion. I was of course disappointed that the afternoon of fashion and tea was sold out this Saturday. I was more disappointed to hear that the event is booked out through May. I am very upset to find out that despite obvious interest the museum refuses to either have more tours or extend the event out through June. In my mind it rather goes against the principles of a public museum to function only on a first come first served basis.
I went so far as to visit the house to ask if an exception could be made. The Home is breathtaking and the young lady in charge of the afternoon tea and clothing display was equally as impressive. One could easily see how dedicated and passionate the staff was with their work and the house.
I understand that the economy is unfortunate at best. Working for a hospital I am well aware of stream-lining employees and cutting programs that don't seemingly benefit the financial bottom line. I would ask the senior management for your museum to revisit the situation at the Voigt house.

Visited March 2012

Grand Rapids, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“In the heart of Grand Rapdis...”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Voigt House Victorian Museum is a wonderful place to visit at Christmas time. They have the house specially decorated for the holiday time, and it is such a pretty time to visit. You get a guided tour by a volunteer from the Grand Rapids area who always fills you in on the events and secrets of this great family from the past. You will cherish each moment as you view this wonderful old time house.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Home”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We went through the Voight House three times already. It is an awesome place, full of history!

Visited September 2010