“Original, delightful food, very helpful staff”
Review of Sushi Kuni

Sushi Kuni
Ranked #100 of 984 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our family of 8 came her, and we were able to dine in a cozy, quiet private room with Japanese dining style, which was a fun experience.

Our server was knowledgeable about the broad range of menu choices, from sushi and other Japanese food options to Korean cuisine. Three of us, including me, ordered the Kuni Special, which came with a salad with very tasty ginger dressing, and Miso soup, which was tasty, but a bit thin of stock and then a delicious egg dish, with consistency similar to custard. Then came three sushi pieces, fresh and flavorful, and six slices of raw fish, equally full of flavor. Very nice. Then, Al Bob, which is a very delicious rice and vegetable dish.

Other members of our family ordered sushi, while others ordered a rewarding chicken teriyaki dish with artfully displayed potato and a side of vegetables. Our server was timely, attentive, friendly and very helpful throughout.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

This sushi restaurant is fantastic, by far the best in Grand Rapids! The fish is always fresh, and they have many delicious specialty rolls to choose from. They also have great Bi Bim Bop!
I have been going to Sushi Kuni just about every week for over a year and I have never been disappointed!

1  Thank nmarti8
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

This sushi place is one of the best we have found in the GrandRapids area. The food is very clean, without all the extra sauces that less experienced sushi chefs resort to to cover up their lower quality. This place is top quality and creative. The sushi chefs are particularly fantastic and friendly.

1  Thank kevinlkaiser
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Very good food and cozy feel. The presentation is so nice also. If you like sushi, they have several choices. My husband and I shared the korean barbecue dish and it was very good. The only negative thing I would say is that they give you one small bowl of rice for your entire meal, even if you are sharing.

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

After dining at Sushi Kuni, my wife and I could not stop ourselves from going every-other-week. Two for one gimmicks at the place downtown were powerless over us for our taste buds had found true sushi love. The wait staff and chef's are the real deal. Stop messing around and go to Sushi Kuni.

1  Thank Benalesiek