Motel 6 Grand Rapids MI - Northeast
US$160
Courtyard
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$94
ComfortSuites
Quality Inn(Grand Rapids)
US$81
US$63
QualityInn
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$121
Hotels.com
US$77
US$67
ClarionHotels
US$140
US$128
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
SleepInn
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$299
US$237
  • Pool
US$166
US$153
US$266
US$211
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I was here on business. Hallways are oddly lit. Hard to explain, but think horror movie. Box spring had stains. Holes in wallpaper in my room. Maybe lighting had been attached there? The wallpaper in my room is identical to what I had in my bedroom in the 1980's. The pool looked inviting, but I did not swim. Breakfast is on the 3rd floor. 2 choices in cereal, bread and stale bagels, milk and OJ. That was it. The chairs were filthy. This could be a really nice hotel, but Knights Inn needs to put money into it. I will not come back here unless they have cleaned it up. The gentleman handling the desk for the afternoon shift was FANTASTIC! Very friendly and helpful. There is a PC for guest use in the lobby.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Denise_D07
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The hotel room was clean with new carpet and paint in the hallways. There is only 1 elevator, so it most likely isn't close to your room, but stairs never killed anyone either. Nice, quiet stay with no issues. Was very happy with the convenient location by the highway and the cheap price for a nights stay. On asking the hotel because of previous reviews, they have had no true reported cases of any infestations bed bugs or otherwise in the last 5 years.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jsleeve
Reviewed 6 August 2012

we went to this hotel on a last minute unplanned trip and my whole family felt like we were being transported back to the 1980s. the carpets were sticky and smelled bad in the hallways and in the rooms. the first room they put us in didn't even have a smoke detector. the shower head was so rusty I was afraid to let my kids shower for fear of lead poisoning. the "heated" pool was ice cold and had a large pile of sand next to it (we opted not to swim) the hallways and rooms smelled like something died in them. We stayed 2 nights because after the first night we asked for a refund and the front desk said "we don't give refunds" our room was not cleaned and we got no new towels (we only washed up in the sink though) the sheets were so old and stretched out they no longer stayed on the beds. the work out room they list on there amenities is really a room with 3 1980s machines and 2 vending machines that are full of expired products. (we got a candy bar that expired in 1981) the decor over all was stuck in the 80s. the free breakfast the offer leaves you wishing you went out to eat. when we ran out of milk we had to go to the front desk (downstairs) and ask for more and the gentlemen there told us "you will have to go out side for more" the ceiling above were we ate breakfast was leaking and was covered with tarps from the outside. I am actually appalled that Expedia would even list this on there web site as an option for its customers. Over all I would not even send my pet rat to stay in this horrible place!!!!!

Room Tip: don't go here look for a different hotel all together!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank brandy v
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel is really old, dilapidated, and smells terrible! 2 steps into the lobby and you can smell there is a mold/mildew problem in this hotel! If you are sensitive to mold, you'll NEED to go elsewhere. If you're not particularly sensitive to it, these rooms are a bed behind a door with a bathroom. Don't expect anything else! We paid $65 for our room thru Priceline. If we'd booked directly with the hotel it would've been $50. What a gammit! But, $50 still would've been too much! The area is decent, not ghetto, but not high class, either. The hotel photo that shows a game room is false advertisement. There are 3 fitness machines in that space to make up the fitness center. That's it. The lady at the desk was very friendly, but said the person working the shift before hers had made a lot of mistakes so they didn't know what rooms had people in them and what rooms were vacant. We were given a room that was already occupied, as had another customer that was checking in the same time we did. We got back to the lobby and by then it was full of people wanting rooms and the situation was highly comical! Comical, in that, it's so utterly ridiculous, what can you do but laugh? It wasn't the fault of the lady working the desk...she was doing her best to minimize a terrible situation. We finally got a room, and although the room was dark and dingy, it was spacious and seemed clean, meaning there were no bed bugs, the sheets were clean-but super thin material and they came off the corners of the bed during the night, and the bathroom was ok. There was mildew around some of the tiles in the shower, but it's nothing that was so terrible I couldn't use the shower, but I certainly wasn't inspired to stay in the shower long! The beds were hard as bricks, and the pillows were about the same. Thankfully, I had my own pillow with me, because the hotel pillows physically hurt to lay on! The tv in the room occasionally came in clear, but most of the time was a very fuzzy picture. The walls are very thin so you hear any noises from surrounding rooms! Not fun at 6am when there is a room with 3 or 4 kids next door to you! Breakfast was a few bagels and a waffle maker, with an empty coffee pot with no one around to make more, so we went down the street to McDonald's. Overall, the room is functional and nothing more. Don't expect any pleasantries and you won't be disappointed. The hallways are very dimly lit, smell atrocious, and walking down one for 10 seconds gave me very bad vibes! There's an overall creepy feeling to the hallways that made me want to spend as little time in them as possible. There's very little safety with this hotel. All the entrances are open for anyone at anytime to come in. Couple that with the dim, flickering hallway lighting and this hotel is simply not safe! Stay elsewhere if you can! It was the only hotel on the west side of Michigan that had any rooms available. If not for that, we would've left, despite paying for the room and knowing we wouldn't get a refund from priceline. Adding to the creep factor of this place, the alarm clock in our room went off at 3 am and shut itself off after 10-15 seconds. We checked the next morning and saw that it wasn't set to go off at all! Add that to the bad vibes in this place, and I'll not be returning to this hotel!

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here, get a room as close to the front desk as possible. It's your only hope of getting any semblance of a secure feeling.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elle M
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here when my Grandmother was at the hospital and we were losing her. It was the closest hotel within my price range. The whole place smelled of mold and chlorine. I'm HIGHLY allergic to mold, so I found myself spending most of my awake time outside sitting on a bench, miserable. I stayed with my two younger brothers, one of whom has the same allergies as me, and around 11PM we decided that we were just too miserable. When we went to the front desk, puffy eyed and coughing, they told us that they "never had any mold problems" and that they "couldn't refund us just cause we were sick." We ended up having to stay (as being 20, 16, and 14 We didn't have another option to pay for another stay.) The room was dirty, and uncomfortable. The pool was over chlorinated, and small, but being the only people in the pool it was nice enough. The "work out room" had a treadmill that didn't work (in fact, my brother tried to work out and ended up falling off of it because it just started accelerating when he was running.) There is no ice machine and almost all of the soda was out of order. We ended up running out to the local speedway to get drinks and grabbing a pizza. It was an awful, shady place and I felt incredibly unsafe. I will never even consider staying here again. Hopefully they have the mold issue under control.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family