“Could have been cleaner”

Comfort Suites South
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Spiceland , Indiana
“Could have been cleaner”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Found fruit loops in pull out couch, a toy left on the floor, made us wonder how well the room was cleaned. Front desk didn't seem surprised at the lack of cleanliness when we complained. She did offer to have someone clean up the cereal.
Sheets had holes and were thread bare. Bed was extremely firm, or rock hard, according to my husband.
Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pete F, General Manager at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites South.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my Housekeeping Department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Grand Rapids.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Our room was large and clean. We appreciated the microwave and refrigerator in be room. The beds were comfortable but the a/c unit turned off and on constantly. Something seemed to be wrong with it. And although our room wasn't warm, it never got really cool the way we like it. The breakfast was an average assortment of ht and cold items. The cost f this hotel made the minor inconveniences not a big deal. I would come back for a night or two.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the air conditioning system in your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my Maintenance Department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Thi is a very nice, clean, well-managed motel and we would be happy to return. We were here for the International Trumpet Guild conference, but just for one night to see one concert and it was a great place to stay. In the south end so we could leave quickly in the morning to head back south, it was still only a 10-15 minute drive downtown.
Excellent staff-all we met were very helpful and friendly. Good full breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Pete F, General Manager at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, 20 June 2013

Pete Fedorchuk
Comfort Suites Grand Rapids South
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I had to fly to Michigan recently for a family funeral and the closest city was Grand Rapids. We had previously stayed in the Best Western and my wife wanted to lodge there again but a huge volleyball tournament was in town this time and thwarted that plan. We did a search and the Comfort Suites South was available and also the closest to our family. After checking in and getting settled we felt the facilities at this hotel were superior to our previous lodging and the comfortable sleep we got made it even better. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Next trip we will check for this hotel first.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate your business.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have stayed at this property many times in the past and my experiences have been OK, nothing to get excited about. Recently I discovered that the property is now under new management and I can see a drastic change at the hotel.

The level of service and attitude of the staff has noticeably changed.

Recently I have traveled to Grand Rapids more often for business and the entire staff is noticably more friendly and make me feel welcomed and the rooms are always clean and comfortable.

I would recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last night and the good outweighs the bad definitely. The room was very quiet which is very important to me and very clean. The price was slightly more than I wanted to pay at a comfort suites but overall I think it's a good value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank YoYoManDTW
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Upon our arrival the person who checked us in was nice, but had an extremely wrinkled shirt (like it had been wadded up in the bottom of a drawer some place), and I just thought no one in a customer service position should look like that. It just gave a very bad first impression. My husband who rarely notices these things also made the same comment. We had a room with a king bed. Overall I really wasn't that impresed with our room or the hotel. The rooms weren't very updated and had a bit of a strange ordor, and the bed was very firm. For the $100/night that we had spent on the room, I wished I had chosen another hotel (even if it was a bit higher priced). Plus it was in a more industrial area with no shopping or restaurants at that exit. I cannot comment on the breakfast since we did sleep in. This place was just o.k. but I would try someplace else in the area before I stayed here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple