“Meh”

Fulton Street Farmers Market
Ranked #22 of 83 things to do in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went on the exuberant description of the place in travel guides for Grand Rapids. A variety of foodie places that had rather typical wine, ice cream, kettle corn, chocolate, fish, etc. Upstairs seating area outside overlooking busy roads. Perhaps it gets more interesting in the summer, but I was underwhelmed and wouldn't go out of my way to see this market.

One question was whether there is a charge to see this attraction; parking is free up to 90 minutes and there's a cost beyond that. I can't imagine staying longer than 90 minutes, though.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Our family visited the market over Thanksgiving weekend. We were in town for a getaway weekend, and thought this would be a good morning diversion. We had a wonderful time shopping for Christmas decorations, food (cheese, honey, baked goods), and crafts. The vendors were friendly, the prices more than reasonable. I am an eager cook, and was disappointed that I couldn't take advantage of the beautiful produce, mostly organic. There were also a couple of booth featuring lamb and beef that also made me long for a nearby kitchen. I have only one complaint - sampling seems to be a foreign concept. When considering both cheese and honey purchases, I asked for a sample. Neither vendor offered that option. Gentlemen: when you are selling food, people want to know what it tastes like!!! Offer samples, and increase your sales. Other than that, a great place to shop and source locally.

2  Thank AccidentalGlobetrttr
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This farmers market has been given a huge make over! Parking is plentiful. There are so many offerings of meats, herbs, vegetables, a few crafts, and more. Lots of fun! And it has an overhead roof!

1  Thank ginny w
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have always enjoyed the Fulton Farmers Market, but now there is so much more of space in the aisle, which is turn makes it so much easier to shop and enjoy! THANKS!!