“I was grateful that they took us in after hotel lost our...”

Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was grateful that they took us in after hotel lost our confirmed reservation. But the bathroom wasn't all that clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I reserved rooms for my family for an upcoming weekend. When I stopped to check the reservations was told the hotel had us staying different days than what I had reserved. I stopped again a couple days later. When I presented my printed email confirmations showing the correct dates., I was again told by the desk clerk the rooms were booked for earlier days than my family was actually coming. I commented on the Wyndham corporate site and was contacted by both them and the general manager of the hotel. Both told me there were rooms available, but neither one of them offered any type of concession to stay at the property. Needless to say, I have my family staying at a different hotel nearby. I can't trust the Wyndham Garden.

Room Tip: Not the Wyndham Garden in Grand Rapids
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights and found the room to be clean and comfortable. My major complaint is that the staff could not keep noisy guests under control at 10 pm at night. I called the front desk twice and no one responded. I finally had to open my door and take care of the issue myself which was not pleasant. When I checked out the next morning neither of my complaints were noted and the person at the front desk made excuses about every hotel in town being full of soccer teams. The hotel specifically makes you initial the fact that they have a quiet policy and you will be charged if it is not followed. We were up at 5am for appointments and honestly 10 pm is not an early time to expect quiet. At the very least the front desk clerk could have called some of the rooms surrounding us to try and resolve the issue if they were so short staffed that they could not physicially visit my hall to address the issue. Not sure I would want to be here in case of an emergency with only one person at the front desk to handle issues.

Room Tip: If you want quiet get close to the front desk so they can address issues without excuses of not enou...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mandy G, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to make it right, please contact me at your convenience so we can discuss what we can do for you.