“Singing the praises of the Wyndham...they saved the day!”

Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
“Singing the praises of the Wyndham...they saved the day!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We ended up staying here unexpectedly when we were forced out of a previous hotel due to a water leak. We were in town for a 2 night stay for a medical procedure I had to undergo the next morning, and our original hotel had no empty rooms when the water fiasco occurred around 10 PM. I was hysterical and we were stressed out and exhausted. Thank God for the Wyndham Garden saving the day! They not only welcomed us at 10:30 PM as refugees <g>, but Brenda P. was the ultimate in professionalism, calming us down, assuring us we'd have the perfect room for my post-procedure needs----a lovely double queen, ground-floor room right by the back exit so I didn't have to walk far and could have my required rest in a separate bed so hubby didn't have to worry about disturbing me. She even helped straighten out the billing between the first hotel and the Wyndham. In my opinion, customer service like THAT is what makes a great hotel.
The property is only a few months old so everything is like new. There's also a lovely courtyard for sitting (just watch out for wasp nests) and a good breakfast in the morning. Our stay was perfect, just perfect...and the medical procedure went fine, too, in case you're wondering. I was able to recoup in peace and comfort. Thank you, Wyndham Garden!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NSellers1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel staff did not know how to fix keycard access problems and malfunctioning treadmill.
Hotel staff did not inform me on check-in that parking lots were going to be resurfaced causing early am noise and interrupted sleep.
Hotel staff indicated at check-out that either a credit or Reward points would be provided to address service problems. Neither received one week later.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Redford, Michigan
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a good feeling from the minute that we stepped into the lobby. The woman working at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and had a nice view of the courtyard. However, on our way home from the hotel I realized I was missing one of my favorite rings that I had purchased on a trip to Mexico with some of my girlfriends. I called the hotel and was very distraught when I was told that the ring was not found. I received a call about a week later to follow up on my situation. They extended the search to outside of the room as well making sure it was not in any hallway or on the elevator. While I was very appreciative of the follow up I was disappointed to find out the ring had still not turned up. THEN about 2 weeks later I received another call...the ring had been found in the room!! Somehow it had been wedged between the headboard and the mattress. I am so thankful to the employees for going above and beyond in order to find my ring and return it back to me! Positive experiences like this are too few and far between. Wyndham will always have my recommendation!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple