“We had a nice time.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Michigan
“We had a nice time.”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The food was great and it is casual dining at its best. However, we were shocked by the bill and the added costs for one additional person without notification. Fabulous fresh sushi.

Branchport, New York
“good food”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

They offered both Japanese and Korean food. I got the teriyaki tofu which was prepared quickly. There is a sushi bar there. Too bad it's located in a semi dead strip mall.

Visited October 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best restaurant”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

went with my family for dinner and we enjoyed it very much. It is a restaurant owned by a family so it had a comfortable atmosphere and and the service was excellent. For the most part, I enjoyed it because of the quality of the food. The ingredients were fresh and other sushi restaurants I've been to could not compare to the sushi I tasted at Akasaka. It was true to the taste of the real thing. I would highly recommend my friends to try it and I would, of course, love to go again with my family.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank bibiana90
Manchester UK
“Lovely restaurant.”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Great sushi and intimate family run restaurant.
Maybe needs a little more innovation on the main dishes but otherwise really good.

1 Thank Loluk
Caledonia, Michigan
“Best Korean food in town!”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Great Korean food and the friendliest staff I have seen yet in Grand Rapids, MI. I wish I could take their Kimchi recipe and eat it all day long, it is that good. Very flavorful meals and filling up is not hard to do. Not a lot of eat in diners, so I had the place to myself. Watching Korean television and eating a Korean meal was a special treat I did not expect!

• Visited January 2011