Holiday Inn Express South
US$160
Courtyard
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
QualityInn
US$68
US$59
ClarionHotels
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$63
SleepInn
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotels.com
US$147
US$121
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$296
US$237
  • Pool
US$250
US$200
  • Pool
US$166
US$153
All reviewssplash padpool areamini water parkbigger kidsgreat mini vacationfront deskkids loved the indoorice cream sundaefamily hotelstayed one nightpull out couchcheck in was quick and easygreat roomhockey teamyogurtexcellent breakfastfree breakfast
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I don't know what is wrong with this hotel, but I believe they'll do anything to get someone to book a room... I called months ago to book a two-day Fall Break stay and specifically asked about water park and hours of operation, etc., to ensure we'd be able to enjoy. The room(s) we wanted were not available, but I booked others anyways. I called TWO DAYS before our trip to confirm room and to make sure the water park was open. When we arrived, no water park until 4, according to signs, but subject to change. I called front desk and was told it would not open... "the water park" would, but not "the water slide". This is seriously what I was told by the manager after the front desk gal said that I should have been told if I specifically asked about it. The manager, Franklin, three days on the job, said he would not discount our stay because it is posted on website and I had clearly gone to website. I told him I had gone to website after I was told the water park would not be open to see if there was information posted, but I had not made the bookings based on a visit to website. He also said I didn't have the name of the two people who I spoke to when I specifically asked question about "water park and had I mentioned slide I might have gotten a different answer". If you choose to come here, just ensure that it is the best deal for your money. We could have gone elsewhere for half the money or, for $20 more, we could have gone to the JW Marriott. BEWARE.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed 25 October 2012

IT IS HARD TO FIND, Signage isnt well. I arrived late on Friday night and stood at the desk for about 8 minutes while the lady behind the desk was on the phone. She must have been counting the drawer for the day because there was money and change spread all over the counter. Check in was quick and easy, once I was able to get checked in.

We booked a jacuzzi suite which was nice. My biggest complaint is the noise. The room we had was the room right next to the stairwell and the waterpark so every morning it would sound like a herd of buffalo coming down the stairs as the kids anxiously waited for the park to open. They would mingle and wait outside of our door until 9 am when they opened the doors. Made it difficult for sleeping in. Not much they can do to change that now, just a word of warning. The rest of the time, the noise was fine. Just the morning was the toughest.

The breakfast was good. Kids loved the pancake maker. Would have liked fruit other than spotted bananas. Also, the only yogurt was Trix yogurt. Not a big fan of the cereal, almost sure the yogurt is probably as bad. Im gluten free, so I could really only do the sausage and bacon and eggs. Passed on the brown bananas and yogurt.

The shower head was good. Was confused about the additional sprayers on the shower. Right at eye level for me. Turned it on and got an eye wash. Guess if you're a 6'0" person, it may work for an additional body wash, but for someone 5'6, wasnt great!

We had no issues otherwise. The only thing I am noticing now is that while I was there, they charged my credit card for a night, plus tax for each additional night. Now that I checked out 5 days ago, I still have the pending transaction PLUS the full charge on my credit card. Its tied up money for me that I expected to have. Never had this problem with other hotels so not sure why I have $150 tied up now. Could be awhile before the bank releases it. Seems there should be an easier way to do this instead of tying up additional money. Wish I would have known this prior. Especially with a debit card.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank karenl0323
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We also stayed on October 13 when the band was there and upon checking in for our rooms that I had booked for my daughters wedding reception next door, we were told that there was only 3 rooms booked when I had booked 5 king rooms. We were told by the manager C.J. that we had been upgraded because they were overbooked and we were given two 2 bedroom suites and 1 king executive. (C.J. was more interested in accomodating the band that was there then he was our small group of 10 people, which I am sure my rooms were reserved well before theirs) My husband asked if the 2 bedroon suites was a bedroom with a pull out coach in the other room and the manager said no that the room was a 2 bedroon suite with 2 bedrooms, SO NOT TRUE, it consist of 1 bedroom and one room with 2 small pullout couches. When we inquired about this we would told that no other rooms were availabe, so we ended up sharing a room with another couple and my husband and I ended up sleeping sperately on one of pullout small couches. For the other 2 bedroom suite, one couple that I has previous booked a king room for did not stay as they did not want to share a room with another couple (it was their anniv and they were looking forward to a night out). I was also told that we would not be charged for the upgrade, but upon receiving our bil the next morning we were charged the suite price and again we had to go talk to the Manager for the third time. It was same manager we had the night before. Another couple staying got double charged and had to go back in person to get to straighten out. Not really happy with our stay there, you would think that with a customer using their banquet facilty next door for a wedding reception, we would have gotten better service or asked before changing the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank frogger62
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Our entire band stayed there this past weekend and it was a great stay. We will be back for sure. The rooms were great and the service overall were great. It is not always easy for a Hotel to accommodate over 200 teenagers (our band) but they did and it was really a good trip. C.J. especially was extraordinarily helpful and really made sure that we were well taken care of from the very moment we walked in right up until the final moments when we left. His staff were all very helpful, they really made us feel welcomed. Thanks everyone! This stay left a very good impression on all of us and we will be back as individuals and as a band.

Room Tip: The higher floors are the quieter ones. Go for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 4am (I literally was moving across the country). I asked the woman at the front desk if I could get a discount since I was arriving so late. I got a discount and they also let me check out 2 hours later than usual (so I could SLEEP!) without any additional charge.

The room was comfortable, quiet, and clean. I don't know if they had breakfast or not. This hotel is located RIGHT next to the freeway (I didn't hear the noise at all) so it was nice and conveient for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo