All reviewssplash padpool areamemory foambigger kidsmini water parkkids loved the indoorice cream sundaestayed one nightgreat roomcheck in was quick and easyfront desk stafffree breakfastpull out sofaoff the highwayfridge and microwavequiet locationnice stay
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel with my family/extended family and had an excellent time! The water park was amazing for a small scale water park, the kids loved it. The rest of the family was very happy we chose this hotel. We had great service, the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. We were quite impressed as we are from the Chicago area. We were not from the area so we asked for a local authentic Italian restaurant, the desk attendant recommended Russo's Pizza in Wyoming MI., They were excellent very authentic, homemade great Italian food! We had Cannolli's, Pizza and homemade Lasagna,,,Yummm. Thanks Russo's and Holiday Inn for recommending them. We will definitely come back and stay and eat Russo's food again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I also had problems with being reimbursed They say one thing....and do another. I was overcharged and was told it would be taken care of ....but never was. I emailed and called many, many times and was promised it would be handled. I would not trust this place. I can't believe they treat people so badly. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Julie415
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I enjoyed my visit. I was checked in and off to my room that was spotless. My room faced the freeway, but the road traffic was not noticeable. In addition, the hotel is about 3 minutes from Hwy. 131 and it's a 9 minute drive to downtown Grand Rapids. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Coming from 96 on to 6 you then have to go through a residential area but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I don't know what is wrong with this hotel, but I believe they'll do anything to get someone to book a room... I called months ago to book a two-day Fall Break stay and specifically asked about water park and hours of operation, etc., to ensure we'd be able to enjoy. The room(s) we wanted were not available, but I booked others anyways. I called TWO DAYS before our trip to confirm room and to make sure the water park was open. When we arrived, no water park until 4, according to signs, but subject to change. I called front desk and was told it would not open... "the water park" would, but not "the water slide". This is seriously what I was told by the manager after the front desk gal said that I should have been told if I specifically asked about it. The manager, Franklin, three days on the job, said he would not discount our stay because it is posted on website and I had clearly gone to website. I told him I had gone to website after I was told the water park would not be open to see if there was information posted, but I had not made the bookings based on a visit to website. He also said I didn't have the name of the two people who I spoke to when I specifically asked question about "water park and had I mentioned slide I might have gotten a different answer". If you choose to come here, just ensure that it is the best deal for your money. We could have gone elsewhere for half the money or, for $20 more, we could have gone to the JW Marriott. BEWARE.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed 25 October 2012

IT IS HARD TO FIND, Signage isnt well. I arrived late on Friday night and stood at the desk for about 8 minutes while the lady behind the desk was on the phone. She must have been counting the drawer for the day because there was money and change spread all over the counter. Check in was quick and easy, once I was able to get checked in.

We booked a jacuzzi suite which was nice. My biggest complaint is the noise. The room we had was the room right next to the stairwell and the waterpark so every morning it would sound like a herd of buffalo coming down the stairs as the kids anxiously waited for the park to open. They would mingle and wait outside of our door until 9 am when they opened the doors. Made it difficult for sleeping in. Not much they can do to change that now, just a word of warning. The rest of the time, the noise was fine. Just the morning was the toughest.

The breakfast was good. Kids loved the pancake maker. Would have liked fruit other than spotted bananas. Also, the only yogurt was Trix yogurt. Not a big fan of the cereal, almost sure the yogurt is probably as bad. Im gluten free, so I could really only do the sausage and bacon and eggs. Passed on the brown bananas and yogurt.

The shower head was good. Was confused about the additional sprayers on the shower. Right at eye level for me. Turned it on and got an eye wash. Guess if you're a 6'0" person, it may work for an additional body wash, but for someone 5'6, wasnt great!

We had no issues otherwise. The only thing I am noticing now is that while I was there, they charged my credit card for a night, plus tax for each additional night. Now that I checked out 5 days ago, I still have the pending transaction PLUS the full charge on my credit card. Its tied up money for me that I expected to have. Never had this problem with other hotels so not sure why I have $150 tied up now. Could be awhile before the bank releases it. Seems there should be an easier way to do this instead of tying up additional money. Wish I would have known this prior. Especially with a debit card.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business