Holiday Inn Express South
US$170
Courtyard
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
QualityInn
US$77
US$67
ClarionHotels
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
SleepInn
US$140
US$128
US$166
US$153
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$299
US$237
  • Pool
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$97
BestWestern.com
US$266
US$211
  • Pool
All reviewssplash padpool areamini water parkbigger kidsgreat mini vacationfront deskkids loved the indoorice cream sundaefamily hotelstayed one nightpull out couchcheck in was quick and easygreat roomhockey teamyogurtexcellent breakfastfree breakfast
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We took 6 nieces and nephews ages 2-10 for an overnight treat. The staff was simply amazing, as the hotel was full..and there were MANY children of all ages. The front desk manager Lindsay,was incredibly accommodating and pleasant during check in and after.We were allowed to use the water park before our rooms were ready, which was nice. The breakfast buffet offered plenty of choices and was kept full for the guests. The entire staff, including housekeeping and pool attendants were gracious and pleasant. After a long, cold winter, it was great fun to swim and play!

Room Tip: Surprisingly, though the hotel was totally full of kids, the corridors were quiet at night. Pleasantly surprised!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
General Manager G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words about our staff. We loved having you here and are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that the breakfast selection fit your needs so well and that the waterpark was a lot of fun for your nieces and nephews. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Nice rooms, clean hotel, friendly staff, up to date and the breakfast was crowded but very good food/ variety. The water park was lots of fun, clean as well for the younger child. Ordered Jets Pizza right to the room!
Negative- The water in the pool is pretty cold. It was not possible to stay in very long, the kids were shivering and wanted to get out on day 2. :( If they could adjust the water temp to be a little more comfortable I would rate them higher.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the pizza delivery was very convenient for you. We do try to keep our pool temps in between 80-85 degrees to keep it comfortable for everyone. I do apologize if it was not quite warm enough. We do hope to see you and your family again soon! We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Upon checking in, lady asked for cc. I proceed to tell her that I have used my points for my stay. She takes the card off the counter and just runs it. I try to stop her in between and ask why she is running it anyways. Guess there is a 100.00 incidental charge? This was weird to me because when we stayed at another Holiday Inn Express in Michigan, we were using my points for the stay, but was charged 30.00. (This was not refundable) Different rules for different Holiday Inn's-Would of been nice to have been forewarned, as she was very unpersonable and just not professional at all to me. Turns out, the card was actually charged. It actually was not "held"-Called my bank. I have stayed at numerous hotels and the "hold" is common but not being "charged" for incidentals.
Hotel is run down. They have a "water park" that was fun. Great for kids. They also had a fun activity scheduled about every hour or so up until midnight. They had a "pizza" buffet, which was okay. The water in the pool was cold. Need to turn it up.
I would not recommend staying here. I am sure there are "nicer" places to stay. The place needs to be kept up. Just was dingy and dirty.
I stay only at Holiday Inn Expresses for business purposes, and this was probably the worst one I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor - you will be by the waterpark.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
General Manager G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I do apologize for the confusion at check-in. We do have a $100 incidental hold. Incidental holds are common in hotels, though the amount of the hold may vary. It is only an authorization, hoever with debit cards it will put a freeze on your account until check out. I do again apologize that this was not fully explained to you at check-in. I am glad that you enjoyed the waterpark and all of the extra activities we had for New Years Eve. We do hope that you have a great year and hope to have you and your family come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

When we went to check in at 4:00pm we were told there would be a 45 min wait for our room.The chlorine in the water park was overwhelming it was hard to breath and burned the eyes. when we let someone know they said they had to balance it the day before and did not seem to care much about it. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim S

Thank you for your review. First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointment with your stay. I am truly sorry that your rooms were not fully ready at check in. I have addressed maintenance about the issue with the chlorine in the pool and we are working on that. We do appreciate your feedback so that we can address any issues that guests are experiencing. We do hope that you come back so that you can have an excellent stay with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express South on October 19th and had a great experience. The hotel was very clean and updated. The indoor waterpark was a ton of fun for kids, it was big enough that I had to drag them out of there, but small enough that I didn't have to panic every time they were out of sight. There was a surprise magic show Saturday night, and the kids all got ice cream sandwiches after the show was done. The staff at the hotel asked us many times if we were enjoying our stay or if there was anything they could do for us. It was a great mini vacation and we are already planning our trip back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yelle0277
General Manager G, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express South. We do appreciate your feedback and we are very glad to hear you had a great time. We look forward to your next stay with us!