“Very nice. ”

Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Springfield, Missouri
“Very nice. ”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Staying here for business.This is a brand new place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent rooms. Great shower. Good workspace in the room. Highly recommended! The only minor downside is it is set back and a long walk to stores or food.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jaspurcat
Bethany D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback -- our staff is very pleased that you found them friendly and helpful. The next time your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids we hope to host you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Novi, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First, I am not connected with Marriott at all.

This is a brand new hotel so everything is fresh and clean which is nice. The staff was hospitable and welcoming.

The most significant thing we experienced was the great design of the suite for extended term business and personal stays. This may be the most comfortable hotel bed I may have ever slept on. There is a catch-all at the entrance with plugs for cell phones, etc., the couch/pullout bed designed to facilitate both work and relaxation, the HD TV, the shower area with the faucet on the opposite side from the head, a vanity with two usable side shelves, bath lighting to better appear real and even a notable location of the hand towel bar.

This design shows considerable thought and patron input. The breakfast/common area with fireplace is welcoming and usable for both recreational and business travelers. The color scheme and overall design feels pleasant and cheery enough for even the weariest traveler.

So thrilled are with this new hotel that we are contemplating living there for an entire year since it is just my wife and I now. The morning breakfast is substantial enough and an even social 4 nights can more than offset some grocery expense. Add to that the DVR and it is so handy that it is an inviting scenario.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Bethany D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and are so touched with your attention to our bathroom layout and design. It's always wonderful to hear our guests appreciate the attention to detail and the care we put into making sure our rooms are perfect.

We currently have a few guests who live with us for over a year and would be happy to host you and your wife! Please feel free to reach out to our team to assist you with your accomodations. We hope to serve you again.
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited here recently with my 3 children and we were all very impressed. The hotel is very new and is by far the nicest Residence Inn I have ever visited. The rooms are decorated beautiful, the entire hotel is very well laid out and clean. The indoor pool is good sized, my children really enjoyed that. If visiting in warm months, there is a very nice outdoor grilling area. I will definitely stay here again on future trips to the Grand Rapids area. Great location, set back off the road a little and close to many stores and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katrina P, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your family while in West Michigan. We hope to see you again. Hopefully next time it will be warm enough to fire up the grill and spend some time by the fire in our out door courtyard. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer!
Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the world and this location takes the award for two items. 1. It is the hardest hotel to find 2. It has the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. Arrived into GRR after midnight on 2/16 the staff was wonderful at check in and even opened the elevator for us after he saw how many bags that we had. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful everything was fresh and the service was better then most full service hotels I have stayed at while having a meal. I look forward to making this my home away from home when visiting Grand Rapids. With regards to finding the hotel I wish you luck but once you do you will be well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport. I apologize that there was some difficulty finding the hotel but I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay once you arrived. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest and we hope to be able to serve you again when you find yourself in West Michigan.
Milw., WI
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had a one night stay for business at this sparkling brand new gem in Grand Rapids. Very modern and contemporary, with spacious rooms featuring top of the line granite finishes, stainless steel FULL size appliances including a dishwasher and a large swivel TV with a DVR, and some rooms even have fireplaces! As I was there only one night I wish I could have taken advantage of the indoor pool and whirlpool but I didn't have time. If staying in summer they have a full court fenced in basketball court and an outdoor kitchen area with a fire pit.

Really outstanding place and Katrina and Kevin provided great service. The only (minor) drawback was that it's a little hard to find as it is located BEHIND the Comfort Inn on 28th street and we missed the sign and drove past it the first time.

This is where you want ot be if staying in Grand Rapids. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Katrina P, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport. I appreciate your feedback and hope we are able to welcome you back when you find yourself in West Michigan! The outdoor patio area and basketball court are now cleared of the snow and ready for you to enjoy. Hope to see you again soon!
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I traveled to Grand Rapids for a business conference the beginning of January and after our flight got canceled due to the snow storm and couldn't get out until 3 days later, we decided to stay at the Residence Inn on 28th. I cant say enough about how friendly the entire staff was to us during our stay. Everyone was extremely nice, from the front desk staff to our friends who took care of the breakfast and dinner area at night. They really made us feel at home and genuinely went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed during our stay. I am a Platinum Elite member and stay at Marriott properties throughout the year and this was by far one of my best experiences. The hotel had only been open about 2 weeks when we stayed so everything was very new and the amenities were great! I especially loved the DirecTV in room with its own DVR for recording shows and watching them later, very nice!! When we are back in GR, hopefully in the summer months, would definitely bring along the family and stay at this Residence Inn again without hesitation. I will agree with the other reviewer that the entrance is hard to find from 28th street (the sign is small and can only see it from one direction) and its a little far back off the road but that is the only complaint I could find at all. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn! It's wonderful to hear how much our staff impacted your stay and truly made your time with us enjoyable. Your comment about your experience here being one of your top Marriott experiences is truly a flattering comparison and is appreciated by everyone here. We all hope you get a chance to come up and visit Grand Rapids in the summer months to discover the best the city has to offer --with no chance of snow!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Booked this hotel after noticing it was new and I prefer staying at newer hotels if I am able. I arrived into Grand Rapids and mind you there was a snow storm going on, but this location is extremely difficult to find(even in the daylight the next day I couldn't find the right road to get there. Tiny little sign on the main road for a hotel that is behind another hotel and behind a restaurant. Ended up staying at the Courtyard instead. Just as a side note, I travel frequently for work and am a Platinum Marriott member, so this isn't my first rodeo :). I'm sure it is a great hotel, if you are willing to try and navigate your way back to it. Also when I called the front desk for help finding the hotel, the person who answered the phone was very little help and seemed to think the situation was funny(kept giggling to himself). Somehow I didn't find being stuck in a snow storm and trying to find this misplaced hotel very funny.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate the time you took to give us this critical feedback. The snowstorms this winter were terrible and we understand that our location is off of the main street and is difficult to find. Unfortunately, limitations placed on street signage has kept our sign from getting the size it deserves! We have inquired into the situation you described and our staff is aware of the importance of giving proper directions to our guests. We certainly apologize for your experience and I encourage you to reach out to me personally should you decide to stay in the Grand Rapids area again.