“This hotel is highly recommended!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The quality that we received for the price we paid was outstanding. Rooms were updated and clean, staff was friendly and the daily breakfast was superb. We especially liked the fact that our towels had a clean pleasant smell instead of a harsh chemical smell.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice kind comments about our staff and property. We value your business very much. Come back again soon! ArtPrize is right around the corner!

Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We booked in advance for a two queen bed suite room. We were planning to spend time at the Holland and Grand Haven beaches, but it was cold and stormy. So, we spent lots of time at the hotel. The hotel was perfect with a great staff and clean rooms. We also used the swimming pool. It was great too! If you are spending time in Grand Rapids area, stay here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! The pool sure is nice. Having it on a different floor away from guest rooms makes it a definite plus. Sorry to hear it rained/stormed so much during your stay. Come back soon! I'm sure it will be nice and sunny later when Summer is in full swing. ArtPrize is right around the corner.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

An Open House brought us to town, although traffic was down to one lane, getting to the inn took long but getting out of the hotel was a breeze. The hotel always is very welcoming and clean; our room suited our needs. It was quiet and a relaxing weekend all the way around!
If you want a room in a place that does not seem like a "typical" hotel, this is YOUR place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your nice kind comments! It means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay. You are welcome back anytime! The traffic has been a little tough around town. Thankfully the construction should be finished is a couple weeks. Some of the bridges are being expanded. You can always stop by the desk and we will find a route around the construction. It would be our pleasure! Come back again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed two nights at this location and had a wonderful experience. Ian was at the front desk to check us in and made sure we had everything we needed. We had a king bedroom. I was surprised to see we also had a suite with a fridge & microwave, a couch and chair, and desk. There was a door to separate the bedroom from the suite area. The bed was so comfortable I slept straight through the night.
The hotel offers coffee and freshly baked cookies at all hours. It also has a "lending library" where you can return your book at another Country Inn & Suites location at a later time.
The only request I have is for another mirror in the bathroom, especially a make-up mirror.
Another thing is that the hotel road could be easily missed, as it's directly before a highway ramp. If you are aware of that, it is easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJDW
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear DJDW,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much for writing a review on tripadvisor about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your nice kind comments very much. I will show your review to my other managers. Especially the comment on having a make-up mirror in the room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to see you soon, Artprize is right around the corner! Come back again soon, DJDW!

Reviewed 19 May 2011

I have stayed at this motel several times over the past few years and have enjoyed my stay every time... so much so - that I stay here when I am traveling for pleasure as well as business. This is a 5 star establishment. Several reasons bring me back beginning with easy access from the freeway. Also, every employee has been super pleasant, knowledgeable about the area and simply johnny-on-the-spot. My room has always been clean and I consider myself picky. I am also a person with back issues and I find the mattresses extremely comfortable. You could tell by the parking lot that the motel was close to capacity if not full yet the place remained quiet all night. The amenities - wonderful. The breakfast - fantastic selection and great coffee. The restaurant across the parking lot gets 5 stars as well. Like I said - I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: My favorite-king bed-4th floor-facing west-sunset!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TinaTravelBug
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Dear Tina Travel Bug,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions of our hotel on tripadvisor! On behalf, of our entire staff we want to thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again next time you're in Grand Rapids! We'll have that 4th floor room waiting for you!

Reviewed 2 May 2011

My teenage daughter and I wanted to do a girls get-away for a night. We live about 40 minutes away from GR. Looking at available hotels, I chose this one because it was reasonably priced and past experience of staying at other Country Inn's made me decide to choose it. The room was very clean. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Huge breakfast area with wonderful hot and cold breakfast items. Lower level has pool, hot tub, workout room and game room - of which we didn't have time for, but very nice. Friendly staff. 2 computers available in business center room next to lobby. Location - perfect, right off the highway. Also close to movie theaters, shopping, and downtown GR.

Room Tip: Ask for special student rate - unadvertised.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rmw0817
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear rmw0817,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay! I appreciate the time that you took to write up a review on tripadvisor about our property. I'll be sure to show my staff your nice kind comments. Come back into town soon! Maybe next time you will be able to take a dip in the pool. We look forward to seeing you again soon, rmw0817!

Ian

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Very clean hotel, good breakfast, sparkling indoor swimming pool but the water was a little cold. Mary who made the breakfast was kind and helpful. The service was good. Understanding our needs the front desk people arranged fridge and microwave. Over all it is 4 star experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PavanVaidya
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay on Tripadvisor PavanVaidya! It means a lot to us that you took the time to talk about your stay at our property. Come back again soon! We'll be sure to get that fridge in there again! Also, I'll be sure to let Mary know of your nice kind comments about breakfast.

cx_gami@countryinns.com