“Convenient, quiet, clean, and easy access to freeways”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We see this hotel every time we travel through Grand Rapids on I-96. It's a great place to stay. The front desk staff are very helpful, and know the area well to provide recommendations for places to visit or restaurants to eat at.

The breakfast is really good, with fresh fruit, oatmeal, egg dish of some kind, and make-your-own waffles.

First time I've seen a pool in the lower level, but it's a good fit. You don't see people walking around the front desk in their swimsuits. The lower level has a laundry room and fitness room as well.

What I liked best about this location was the quiet, firm beds, and up-to-date furnishings in the rooms. My only recommendation is bigger pillows.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborah E
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Deborah,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let the front desk staff and the breakfast staff know of your comments! I like the location of the pool as well, it gives guests a nice location without having to go through the lobby. I'll let our housekeeping manager know of your comments on the pillows!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We selected this hotel because its location was convenient for visiting family. Being situated on a busy freeway was nice for access, but I could hear traffic all night long even though we were on a higher floor. Check-in was smooth. Our room - a king - was all fine but not noteworthy. It was basically clean enough and an average size but not particularly comfortable. The loveseat may have been the hardest seating surface I have ever had in a motel. The bed, also, was unusually hard for a hotel. We made a brief visit to the breakfast room; the staff appeared to be keeping it cleaner than most. Breakfast was of the upgraded included breakfast variety. There were no newspapers. We availed ourselves of the express checkout, which I always appreciate. I would not hesitate to stay here again when in the area but would probably shop around a bit first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear JJTOH,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate all of your feedback; especially on the check in and the room. I will let my front desk staff know of your comments and I will let my housekeeping manager read over your feedback on the room. I apologize for the lack of newspapers. Depending on the day, we have USA Today available on weekdays and then the Grand Rapids Press is out in the press box in the rear entrance for about $1.25 on weekends. Sometimes we have extra USA Today's available on weekends but it is usually older news. We keep them available at the front desk per guests request. If you are coming back to the area, give us a call! Call other hotels as well and see what they offer. We would be delighted to have you back!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great place to stay in Grand Rapids. Really hospitable front desk, a good breakfast and clean rooms. I have never had a problem with noise and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. They actually want to provide you with excellent service! That is something you don't find everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Janice,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We're always happy to assist you! Come back again soon, Janice!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Nice room, excellent breakfast, but noise from the freeway interrupted my sleep. There was no shuttle service offered by the inn from the airport (midnight flight arrival). All of the car rental companies at the airport were closed at that hour, so renting a car was not an option. One person at the inn recommended a transportation service that would cost $75. We were lucky to catch the last trip by a taxi at $30.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear John,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments very much. If you are ever uncomfortable during your stay please don't hesitate to call the front desk. We would be happy to move you to the other side of the building, provide a fan, whatever you need. Cabs usually cost around $30, I'm glad that price was correct. We do have a shuttle, but it only operates for groups and at a rate of $75. I believe that is what my front desk clerk might have spoken with you about. I apologize for the confusion. Normally we do not do shuttle runs to the airport. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, John! I'll let our housekeeping manager know of your comments on the room as well. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email me. I would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very comfortable room. Accessible as requested. Excellent breakfast - best we had on a two-week trip. If we visit Meijer Garden again we will stay at this hotel. One suggestion - try to arrive in daylight - we found access at night to be very tricky.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The room was very nice. Quiet for a 1st floor. Close to the breakfast area. A very friendly staff. A very clean room.
A little pricier than I would normally chose but wanted something close to the city during Art Prize. Not a far trip at all from downtown at all.
The room had a fridge and microwave. Nice to have. Flat screen tv . Not a fan of hide a beds in sofas unless you have very young kids that won't care. This room had one but did not use it. Our bed was firmer than the usual soft ones at hotels. I liked this a lot ! No back ache in a.m. !
The breakfast was terrific ! Many options ( pre packaged or not) including fresh cut fruit plus patries and most of the usual items. Have had worse pre packaged items at hotels this summer. All very tastey and plenty until the end of serving time. Very clean atmosphere and plenty of sitting room. The servers were prompt and busy attending the area. Fresh coffee, tea, hot choc. 24/7. Overheard there were cookies as well somewhere near-even at night with late check ins.
You can call from your room to check out and leave the room keys. They delivered the bill to the door.
Plenty of parking and well lit lot. Pretty easy to find with google directions.

Room Tip: This room had a king sized bed with a sofa hide a bed, fridge and microwave. Very roomy. Very clean...