“Great Hotel, Reasonably Priced”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for to nights while visiting the Dinosaur exhibit at the museum and enjoyed the Winter Fest. The room was a bit on the small side for a suite and the beds much harder then I would like. Other than that it was a very nice hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms clean (except for a partial eaten candy can under the bed skirt). Pool and hot tub were comfortable temperatures and clean. Work out room small but nice, new equipment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Kelly Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I appreciate your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the museum downtown. I apologize for the issues you seemed to have encountered on your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids and if you have futher questions concerning any future reservations you may have with us, please don't hesitate to give us a call!
Thanks again for your time Kelly Z!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was visiting Calvin College and booked a night at their Conference Center. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they overbooked and paid for me to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. The staff and facility were excellent. The beds were comfortable and I opted to continue my stay for an extra night because the place was so nice. The pool and hot tub were a bonus. The only thing that could be better was the breakfast which was just fair.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear mamasmurf9,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could provide you with a wonderful experience while you were here visiting Calvin. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our facility. I will make sure I pass your comments along to the rest of the staff, I know they'll be pleased to hear it as well!
Hopefully we will see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Have stayed in several Country Inn and Suites in the past, as well as most other chain hotels too, and I must say this hotel ranks above the rest. I was in Grand Rapids 2 weeks in a row for business. Stayed here the first time because it was close to work. Thought I might stay my second visit down near the mall but was so impressed with the breakfast buffet, the helpfulness of the staff, and the cleanliness and quality of the hotel itself that I stayed my return visit there too. I want to return with my grandchildren in the near future for a "fun" weekend and take in the sights, food, and fun of the city. The stay 2 get 1 free will help with that adventure. Thank you Country Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Mustanglady56,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your kind comments regarding our property. I'm so glad you decided to stay with us for your second time in town. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us when you bring your grandchildren! Give us a call if you have any questions or need any fun recommendations for your next trip down here!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Radisson does a good job making sure that these franchises are clean and comfortable. They have improved the breakfast menu a lot since we last stayed at one with a hot buffet as well as the usual cold items.

Convenient to the south east area of Grand Rapids and priced to be affordable.

Like the chain a lot and their program of combining some points with cash gets the price down a lot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Bankerchas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast we offer every morning. The points plush cash is certainly a great deal for a comfortable and convenient stay! I hope you will keep us in mind and come back to see us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife stayed at the County Inn & Suites again when visiting Grand Rapids this past December. We happened to arrive on an early flight in the morning. We arrived at the hotel hoping to just drop our bags off, but to our pleasant surprise we were actually permitted to get into our room!

The location of the hotel is great. We needed to be near both downtown and the SE side of GR (near Calvin College) and this hotel achieved both. It is a quick five minute ride on I-196 to get to downtown and about a five minute ride on the E Beltline to get to Calvin. We had a room on the side of the building that faces the highway, but noise was not a problem at all.

Breakfast, as always, was superb. On this visit, on top of the cookies and coffee at the front desk, they also had warm apple cider for a nice treat!

One night, we were in a room with some friends playing charades, and I guess we were making a little too much noise. We got a call from Ian at the front desk who couldn't have been nicer about it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnvb87

Dear Johnvb87,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! I"m so glad we could accomodate you and your wife when you arrived early. Our location certainly is a great benefit! It makes it easy to get to and from several different areas of West Michigan. It's great to see that you enjoyed the amenities we have available, those cookies seem to get people coming back!
We hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites in the past and this one did not fall short of my expectations.

The front desk & housekeeping staff were very friendly and made sure we had everything we need during our stay. We were staying before Christmas and enjoyed the beautiful decorations, warm apple cider and delicious complimentary breakfast. After driving through a snow storm we were very thankful for an early check in as well!

Overall, great service and we will definitely use this location when we are back in town!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CS0912
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear CS0912,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay! I will let the front desk and housekeeping staff know. I'm so glad that we could provide a nice, comfortable atmosphere for you here after driving through our Michigan winters. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was visiting for the first time from the UK for 5 days and initially looking for a hotel in downtown Grand Rapids. Due to a convention in town my first six choices were all booked up so with some trepidation I made a reservation at this hotel, which looked further out of town than I would have liked. I need not have worried. From the initial welcome to my eventual departure, I enjoyed every moment here. A delayed flight from the UK meant I missed my connection from DC and therefore had to cancel my first night stay; no problem. Travelling in to downtown took no more than fifteen minutes, even in the snow, ten minutes before the snow arrived. Plentiful coffee and a great choice of American breakfasts made me very glad that I stayed here and I sincerely hope that I can return one day. The king suite rooms were a great size, the bed luxuriously comfortable and the rooms spotlessly clean; this hotel was a real home from home. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank blizzard73
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Blizzard,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let our staff know of your nice kind comments on the coffee, breakfast, and friendly attitudes of everyone around! If you're in the area and need a stress free stay, come stay with us again.

Ian Kirkwood