Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Fenton, Michigan
“Nice and Clean”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here Sunday night, we were in the area checking out a brick company for our new build. The price of the room was reasonable and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean, we always check the bedding for bed bugs and we did not see a thing. The continental breakfast was very good, compared to what other hotels offer. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There are many restaurants on the same road, along with a Meijer and its is within a mile from Fred...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Angieamhut23,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your kind comments regarding both the hotel and the staff. I will let the staff know, I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear it! It's good to hear that the cleanliness of the hotel was up to your standards. I'm glad you got to enjoy our continental breakfast as well!
We hope you come see us again on your next trip down to Grand Rapids!

Haley Andurs
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Baltimore, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My 8 year old daughter and I stayed here on a Friday-Sunday while in town for a soccer tournament. Very well maintained hotel, clean, and friendly helpful staff. The pool and small arcade room are nice touches to keep the kids busy during down times. The room was very clean and updated. Continental breakfast was well presented and in line with your standard complimentary breakfast at a hotel. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. If you want to sleep in do not get an east-facing room as the sheered curtains are no match for the morning sun. It didn't bother us as we were up at 7am each morning anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Brian P.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! Thank you very much for all of your kind comments, it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad your daughter could take advantage of the game room! Hopefully we will see you on your next trip into town!
Thanks again Brian P., hope to see you soon!

Romeo, Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for to nights while visiting the Dinosaur exhibit at the museum and enjoyed the Winter Fest. The room was a bit on the small side for a suite and the beds much harder then I would like. Other than that it was a very nice hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms clean (except for a partial eaten candy can under the bed skirt). Pool and hot tub were comfortable temperatures and clean. Work out room small but nice, new equipment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Kelly Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I appreciate your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the museum downtown. I apologize for the issues you seemed to have encountered on your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids and if you have futher questions concerning any future reservations you may have with us, please don't hesitate to give us a call!
Thanks again for your time Kelly Z!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I was visiting Calvin College and booked a night at their Conference Center. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they overbooked and paid for me to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. The staff and facility were excellent. The beds were comfortable and I opted to continue my stay for an extra night because the place was so nice. The pool and hot tub were a bonus. The only thing that could be better was the breakfast which was just fair.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear mamasmurf9,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could provide you with a wonderful experience while you were here visiting Calvin. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our facility. I will make sure I pass your comments along to the rest of the staff, I know they'll be pleased to hear it as well!
Hopefully we will see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids!

Allen Park, MI
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Have stayed in several Country Inn and Suites in the past, as well as most other chain hotels too, and I must say this hotel ranks above the rest. I was in Grand Rapids 2 weeks in a row for business. Stayed here the first time because it was close to work. Thought I might stay my second visit down near the mall but was so impressed with the breakfast buffet, the helpfulness of the staff, and the cleanliness and quality of the hotel itself that I stayed my return visit there too. I want to return with my grandchildren in the near future for a "fun" weekend and take in the sights, food, and fun of the city. The stay 2 get 1 free will help with that adventure. Thank you Country Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Mustanglady56,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your kind comments regarding our property. I'm so glad you decided to stay with us for your second time in town. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us when you bring your grandchildren! Give us a call if you have any questions or need any fun recommendations for your next trip down here!

Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Radisson does a good job making sure that these franchises are clean and comfortable. They have improved the breakfast menu a lot since we last stayed at one with a hot buffet as well as the usual cold items.

Convenient to the south east area of Grand Rapids and priced to be affordable.

Like the chain a lot and their program of combining some points with cash gets the price down a lot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Bankerchas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast we offer every morning. The points plush cash is certainly a great deal for a comfortable and convenient stay! I hope you will keep us in mind and come back to see us the next time you are in town!