“Good value. Clean and comfortable.”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A bit nicer than the norm of chain hotels of this price-range. Excellent on-site breakfast. Nice amenities. Very nice indoor pool, spa, and workout room. Courteous staff. Only negative observation is the air-conditioning unit has an incredibly noisy fan. I do not believe that it was a maintenance issue, but rather the design. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jonathan R,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. I have had maintenance upgrade our air conditioning systems in the rooms since your last stay. Please come and visit us next time your in Grand Rapids.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a doble gueen room. The room was comfortable and clean, but you can tell it is getting old. This is especially apparent in the bathroom.

We enjoyed the pool and appreciated the laundry and complimentary coffee in the lobby. We liked breakfast, but missed more healthy choices like fruits etc.

The hotel is right off the highway, and a bit from downtown. There is nothing really close by. Ok for a night or two, but I would look for something in town if I was staying longer.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Clara H,

We apologize if you felt the room was getting old. Our hotel is only 7 years old and it is very important to us to keep and clean and tidy hotel. It is true there isn't anything in walking distance to do from our location, but in September/ October we will have a new restaurant opening right next door. Hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend. I stay here often for work. The rooms are relaxing, clean and comfortable. The receptionists are remarkably polite and courteous. Rates are economical and well worth it. The only downfall with my stay this time is the restaurant in front is closed but will reopen in August.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Adamr,

Thanks for staying with us and we are glad your stay was nice and relaxing. For your information the restaurant in the parking lot of our hotel is slightly delayed and will probably open in late September or early October.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I can never thank the staff enough for saving me in the middle of a Michigan Snowstorm.

I had stayed overnight for a morning conference and thoroughly enjoyed the peacefulness of this fine establishment. In the morning, I drove 12 miles to my conference and when it was over a horrible snowstorm slammed down on the entire city. I tried for over an hour to travel home from the West side to the East side of Michigan where I lived, but accidents, traffic and massive amounts of snow prevented my departure! Frustrated, nervous, chilled and tired,....I found my way back to the welcoming arms of the staff at Country Inn and Suites. They were concerned about my traveling and without having a reservation... they found me a room and even gave me the discounted price I had the night before. Shaking and cold, I went to my room and threw on my swimsuit. The pool was so relaxing, as I watched the huge snowflakes hit the windows outside. Inside the calm of the hotel I was able to de-stress and unwind after the chaos I had endured on the roadways.

This hotel is classy and the front staircase picturesque. The breakfast in the morning made you feel you were in a resort enjoying the smell of fresh coffee. There always seemed to be goodies available near the front desk. The ladies at the front desk are wonderful! Thank you for calming my frayed nerves and saving me from the frigid temperatures and defensive driving our Michigan weather decided to throw at me! This hotel is my haven! I SHALL RETURN, but in much nicer climate!

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone like I was, ask for the King size bed.....the bed was heavenly! I mus...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kellyp,

We are so glad we could further accommodate you during that unfortunate delay in your travel plans! Your comments about the hotel furnishings and our complimentary breakfast are much appreciate. Come and visit us in the summer some time and I think you will find the weather much more agreeable.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We took a nice little mini vacation to Grand Rapids and stayed at this hotel. Overall I would say that everything was good. Room. Breakfast buffet had lots of selections and well-attended. Pool was nice - a little larger than the normal hotel pool. Room service was good - room was clean - nothing special but nice. I have only one complaint and that was the wi-fi. It was so slow that I finally took my tablet off wi-fi and used the 4G option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenisePatrishkoff

Dear Denisepatrishkoff,

We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, rooms and swimming pool! On behalf of all our staff I would like to apologize for the internet being slow during your stay. We have spoke to our Internet tech support staff and that problem should be remedied for any future stays!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our son's college graduation. The front desk staff was very friendly, even alerting us to the fact that the hotel was almost full so the breakfast area might be crowded the next morning. The hotel was full of people, but the staff kept up great. Breakfast was plentiful and well stocked. The rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable. I have come to appreciate the consistency of Country Inn & Suites when traveling!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mrscold,

We at the Country Inn and Suites Grand Rapids East strive for consistency and good service and your comments show that we successfully did our jobs! We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel five times over the past year and a half. The hotel is always spotless, including the ample indoor pool area, common areas, hallways and rooms. The staff is remarkably friendly and helpful, all the way to those charged with keeping the breakfast area properly stocked. This is the best free breakfast offering I have experienced. The hotel is large and each stay has been at or near capacity; yet the breakfast dining area is very large and the property management makes a point of adequately staffing the food and dining area so there is no shortage of hot/fresh food and drink.
We had an unfortunate occurance during our last stay with a bachelorette party across the hall with loud, profane, and obnoxious attendees into the night. The hotel credited us with a portion of the bill, without our prompting, and insisted they would have addressed the situation immedieately had we brought it to their attention, which we had not.
This is not the Ritz, but it gets 5 stars for doing everything they can, consistently, to come as close as they can.

Room Tip: Hotel is well off highway, so no noise concerns from outside. Rooms on first and second floors are...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Scholar08,

We really appreciate all of your comments about our hotel staff, cleanliness of our property, and compliments about our amenities. We were sorry to see other guests were bothering your during your stay and in the future please do not hesitate to bring such an occurrence to our attention so we may remedy the problem post haste.