JW Marriott Grand Rapids
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
131 Hotel-Plaza(Grand Rapids)
1,023 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeeucalyptus steam roomseparate tubgreat hoteldouble showerriver viewroom serviceupscale hotelself parkinghigh floorart prizebusiness tripcorner roomconvention centerfront desk staffdowntown gracross the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

When I travel to Grand Rapids for business, this is definitely my favorite place to stay. It's clean, modern, and chic. I was even there during ArtPrize last year. I love that there is so much within walking distance to eat, see, and do. I appreciate the Starbucks in the lobby (as well as the ample lobby space to work), and the bar and restaurant are great. I feel very safe here on my own as a solo female traveler. Room service is also quick and delicious for when I don't want to go out!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I have had the pleasure of staying at the JW four wonderful times. It is has been perfect every time and we can't wait for another trip back. If you want wonderful service, great atmosphere, close walking proximity to wonderful downtown Grand Rapids, you can't go wrong with the JW. My sons (11 and ()LOVE staying and the staff is just wonderful with them. You won't be sorry for staying. It's that great. We have stayed in the summer, spring and winter. Make sure you eat dinner at 616. Excellent!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Carrie S, Manager at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Lucy G,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and repeated stays with us, and for sharing about your experiences in this review! I am so glad to hear that you and your family - including your children - enjoy our hotel and its offerings so much. We are fortunate to have a dedicated staff who sincerely cares about our guests. We hope to see you again many times in the future.

At your service,

Carrie S

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great hotel in an awesome location! You can walk pretty much anywhere in downtown Grand Rapids from this hotel and it is connected to many other buildings so traveling inside is also an option when it is chilly outside! When I booked the room, I mentioned we were traveling for my boyfriend's birthday. When we arrived there was a tray of seasoned nuts and pretzels along with 2 Founders IPA's and a happy birthday note!- For free! Just as a nice gesture from the hotel! The hotel room and bathroom were great and had a beautiful view of the river with an enormous window! I also booked the spa package, which was well worth it- for about $130 more than the room would have cost without it, I received $50 in JW bucks to spend anywhere in the hotel, an hour long couple's massage, and free valet parking for our stay! The food and drinks were excellent. Our waitress was great and, even though it is a pain, made me a cucumber mojito that wasn't on the menu that was excellent! There was one night when the hallway music was extremely loud, we called the front desk to ask that it be turned down and they did so immediately. We also requested an additional blanket as the only one on the bed was the down comforter and one was brought to our room shortly after. The staff here does above and beyond and the service was beyond excellent! My only negatives were as follows (and would not deter me from staying here again given all of the other great things about the JW)- the pool is fairly small, the bathroom did not have a fan, the lighting in the bathroom was fairly dim and it made it hard to do my make up, the blanket they brought up was scratchy, and the full length mirror is to the side of the bed so you can't really get a full length view. I have stayed at other hotels in Grand Rapids, and they were great also, but the JW is a cut above the rest! After my first stay there, it has become my first choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alemerso

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday and for writing this terrific review! We are always honored when guests choose to spend special occasions with us, and happy to provide the best service possible to make it a memorable experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the special touches our staff provided to help you celebrate. Thank you as well for your feedback regarding our facilities and rooms, as we will use that to continually improve our offerings. We hope to host you for another outstanding stay very soon.

At your service,

Carrie S

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Right down town on the river. All the celebrities stay here. Service is top notch, rooms are spacious with every amenity. Elegance. Had a corner room, high floor, great view of the city and the river.
Huge show and tube, wonderful robes. Concierge suite very pleasant place from morning to late.
Food is the best in GR. This is the special place to take your loved one. If they don't have it, they will get it for you.. of course the staff makes the stay.....

Room Tip: High floor, corner room concierge floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was nice to spend time at a JW geared for business within a city. Most of the JW Marriott I have stayed at are resorts first. The staff is incredibly hospitable and willing to go above and beyond for you. Whether it was requesting a late cleaning of my room or to have packages carried for me to my car in their parking lot the staff truly made my stay.

The hotel is as expected for a new upscale, urban JW. The rooms are not overly large but are very well furnished, beds are comfortable, work space has plenty of plugs. Bathrooms are small but again well designed, separate shower and tub, adequate light by the sink, to be picky the only draw back was the sink's water pressure was a little soft, made it difficult to properly clean my razor.

My days started later while in town so I was able to enjoy breakfast and coffee downstairs in the restaurant, servers were polite and efficient, breakfast was cooked well. The bar calls itself mixology, but I wouldn't go in there expecting craft cocktails. it's a good place for your basic drinks or a beer. Two small TVs on either side of the bar and attentive bar tenders made it enjoyable but nothing special.

Fitness center was very well equipped, all the machines were relatively new, towels and water were available and it seemed as though there would be enough machines even if the room was busy.

All in all this would be the ONLY hotel I would stay at in Grand Rapids, other people in my group stayed across the street and had horror stories to tell me during our meetings. I hope the hotel can keep up/maintain it's level of service, it has for the past two years. I'm looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: It it's possible to get a room overlooking the river that is by far the best view. The hotel is in the round so all the rooms are similar in size and design.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business