“Local, Delicious, Friendly, Unique”

Marie Catrib's of Grand Rapids
Ranked #1 of 991 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stopped here twice for breakfast and loved it! Great omelettes, sides, coffee, and service!!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have nothing against the food but a restaurant must be MORE than just good food ... it's the other stuff that gets in the way at Marie Catribe's ... like a long wait for a table that saps all the joy from the eating experience before you even sit down, no place to park your car, tables jammed together so tightly you can hear every word of neighboring conversations, and the noise level is like a Saturday afternoon in U of M stadium with the Wolverines winning. My mother always told me to drink upstream from the herd. Won't be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I can understand why this number one in Grand Rapids. We went for breakfast on a Saturday morning and it was packed with a 15 min wait for a table, but the complementary coffee and cake made the wait a pleasure. The breakfast was then good food, no nonsense and great service. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We passed through Grand Rapids on the way to a wedding. We decided to stop in town for lunch and saw this was top rated on TA.

Totally true. The place is open and welcoming in one of the city's older neighbourhoods. The food was amazing. I got the corn beef reuben and it was wonderful. We all licked our fingers.

This would be a place to return to.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Grand Rapids is a restaurant city. When a restaurant receives TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and a #1 ranking in GR, I had pretty high expectations. I was not disappointed. Reasonable prices for outstanding food. Lots of options including many special diet accommodations. I'm thankful I just dropped my freshmen off at Calvin and I have 4 more years to eat here. It is a bit noisy and tables are close together. There are not a tremendous number of seats and not a great area to wait, but that wouldn't keep me from going here again and again.

3  Thank GMJinTN