“Great breakfast or lunch spot”

Marie Catrib's of Grand Rapids
Ranked #1 of 977 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Even though I know everything at Marie Catrib's is excellent, I always order the same thing. A side of hummus with pita bread and a shawarma sandwich. I don't know what they use to season the meat, but it's mouthwatering. Even the iced tea tastes great. I usually indulge in a take-out brownie on my way out the door. If you come during a peak time, you might have to wait for a table.

1  Thank Wendy W

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been dying to try Marie's for the longest time....finally, I had a weekday afternoon off from work and hubby and I had lunch. He had the Schwarma sandwich and I had the Kibbe. Both were excellent, the iced tea was really great and even the pickle was homemade. Yes, it is busy and you have to be content with sitting close to others, but that's all part of the charm of this place. I liked that there was a parking lot accessible on Diamond and didn't have to worry about parking on the street. The deli has lots of choices for takeout - I bought the chicken salad - delicious! We also bought brownies, granola bars and a pecan tart. I can't wait to come back and eat here again and purchase more deli items!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stopped here twice for breakfast and loved it! Great omelettes, sides, coffee, and service!!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have nothing against the food but a restaurant must be MORE than just good food ... it's the other stuff that gets in the way at Marie Catribe's ... like a long wait for a table that saps all the joy from the eating experience before you even sit down, no place to park your car, tables jammed together so tightly you can hear every word of neighboring conversations, and the noise level is like a Saturday afternoon in U of M stadium with the Wolverines winning. My mother always told me to drink upstream from the herd. Won't be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I can understand why this number one in Grand Rapids. We went for breakfast on a Saturday morning and it was packed with a 15 min wait for a table, but the complementary coffee and cake made the wait a pleasure. The breakfast was then good food, no nonsense and great service. Definitely worth a visit.