“I love sandwiches and I love this place”

Schnitz Delicatessen
Ranked #99 of 943 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Comstock Park, Michigan
“I love sandwiches and I love this place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Pick your sandwich from about 40-60 available or they will make you what you want. Being a sandwich lover this is my kind of restaurant. Dark breads, great mustards and and kind of meat you want. Don't get me wrong they have light breads and mayo too. In fact you can get just about anything you want here. A must for lunch or supper.

“Best in GR!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

There is no competition! This is it! If you like sandwiches, you'll love the Schnitz! Don't skip the brownie either...just get it to go. You won't have room for it after one their delicious sandwiches!

• Visited May 2014
South Haven, Michigan, United States
“Good Food Very friendly”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My first time here and wow, what a great place. The deli was hoping. Almost every person walking in was greeted by name! Some, were even asked if they were having this sandwich or that one. Impressive. There was a line about 8 people.which gave me time to study the very interesting menu. When my turn came, I had no clue.

I mentioned it was my first time and asked for a suggestion. The special was a turkey Reuben, with red kraut, melted pepper jack cheese on an onion roll. Sounded good, but I wasn't into turkey. Without missing a beat, she asked how about with ham? That worked.

What a great sandwich. Warm, great sauce, and very meaty. Comes with a very tasty pickle. I also ordered a side of red skin potato salad. This was excellent. A large portion, very creamy and, a bit spicy and excellent flavor.

Very casual atmosphere. Outdoor seating. Comfortable and very quick service. Great food. What more do you want. .

• Visited June 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best Deli in GR”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Between this location and the South location is Kentwood this is by far the best deli Grand Rapids and most likely the best in all of West Michigan. My three favorite sandwiches are the chicken salad, the tuna salad and the club. I have a hard time choosing. I usually get two and split them and half of each for two meals. The sandwiches are on fresh bread. They have really good sides, my favorite is potato salad or Bill's beans. They also have desserts: cheesecake, brownies, cookies, and more. Lastly they make soup daily. I have never had a bad meal here. They close at 3pm so get there early.

Visited September 2013
Grafton, Wisconsin
“Love The Locals”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Tired of the chains? Like it your way? Want your wallet to feel good? This will place will hit the mark.

Friendly staff
Quick service
Plenty of tables
AWESOME FOOD! Good value

Tried THE CHICAGO REUBAN and Tomato Basil Tortellini. Loved them both.

Visited September 2013