“GVSU visit”

Ranked #452 of 963 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We had the egg Benedict, country skillet and the east side. All we excellent. The service was fine and the food came hot. Dont worry about showing up when there is a full house...they got through everyone with ease....make sure you save room for the bakery items...get them to go if you have to.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have lived in Grand Rapids since 1999 and today I had the worst dining experience of my life. I went there with a party of 7 for brunch. The food was delivered to everyone except me. I was told yours will be up shortly. The waitress came back downstairs to check on another table ten minutes later, still no food for me. Everyone in my party was finishing up so I said just bring me mine to go. Five minutes later I received my food along with a death glare from the waitress (Amy) which made me feel as if I had done something wrong for going to a restaurant with the expectation of eating with my family. To top it all off we never received an offer to deduct my order from the tab nor did we ever receive an apology. I will never be going there again because there are plenty of dining choices in GR where I am treated with dignity and grace for choosing them.

4GR8FOOD, Public Relations Manager at Omelette Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Hello,

First things first, I apologize to you for any unkind behavior on the part of our staff when you dined with us. I realize this response is extremely delayed. I have just recently come on board with Restaurant Partners, Inc and am now going through reviews. You should never have to leave any business feeling like you did something wrong. I am so sorry that your experience with us was unpleasant.

If you are willing to provide me with you mailing address, I will send you compensation for your meal. We do own several restaurants in GR, so if you are uncomfortable going back to this location, I completely understand. The certificate I send can be used at any of our establishments. My email is elizabethn@4gr8food.com.

Thank you for your feedback. If we don't know, we can't address it, so this review will be used as a learning tool.
All the best to you,
Elizabeth Nolan
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We visited the Breton Center Omelette shoppe for lunch. Good lunch options. There is lots of parking, we were seated quickly with no problem. Service was good, friendly, helpful.
I had the soup in the bread bowl it was very good. My husband had the egg sandwich also good. The fresh orange juice is worth the price! Though not gigantic the portions were large enough that you will have enough for a snack or meal later. Beat the crowds on the weekend, go early or late.

1  Thank Chowa-Rides-Again
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My family and I used to visit the Omelette Shoppe in Traverse City whenever we stayed in the area, but over the years we felt the quality started to suffer (or maybe the other restaurants in the area upped their game).
We visited the Breton Center Omelette shoppe and were reminded of how much we used to like the TC locations. They have excellent baked goods, superb omelettes, the place is clean and the service attentive. My only complaint is how long it took to get a table, but when you stop to think about it, that's a good sign, isn't it?

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family is constantly going to Grand Rapids every couple months, and this is a must! We absoutly love it. Wait times are really bad on weekend breakfast times, so there's usually some time to kill. This one is smaller inside then the one on Michigan street, but the parking is better (it's in a strip mall.) Coffee comes in a big carafae, so you can refill it when you need it. The omelettes are delish-vegetables are crisp, eggs are light and fluffy, and they average about 3 inches thick. But the strawberry jam is hands down the best thing there. We always get food to go (they sell homemade cinnamon rolls, breads and muffins when you walk in), and a container of jam is always going home with us.