“Incredible experience.. beginning to end.”
Review of Munchies

Munchies
Ranked #574 of 932 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$10 - US$15
“Incredible experience.. beginning to end.”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Food is amazing, the flavors are unlike anything I have had. The service was kind and attentive. Would have waited an hour to eat this food.. Luckily no wait at all. Highly recommended!!

Seattle, Washington
“Very slow...”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I don't like Indian food (way too spicy for me) but I'm ignoring that completely for this review. Their location is not good. The outside screams that it's a typical dive restaurant that will go out of business soon. The inside is cute but extremely small. The staff seemed too laid back and slow to be in the restaurant business. From what everyone with me said, the food was really good and the few things I was able to eat had a lot of flavor. We went for dinner but there may be a buffet available for lunch...

• Visited May 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Awesome Punjabi desi food with top notch service..”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We were kinda skeptical about trying Indian food in new towns because it's a hit or miss. This place had good reviews and they are definitely worth it.

Went for my wife's birthday and we weren't disappointed! The ambiance isn't the best, but we like the food. The food was one of the best in Michigan - better than most places in metro Detroit.

We ordered some unique dishes with grated cheese. It was yummy for the tummy (maybe added 1/2''). The route we took on GPS wasn't the best and this place is not near a freeway, but worth the drive.

Delish - as Rachel Ray would put it.

Visited June 2011
Zeeland, Michigan
“Great food and great experience.”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I've had Indian food before and I've not been impressed. The dinner I enjoyed at Palace of india might change my mind. The buffet, although small, offered a nice variety including vegetarian dishes. The food really was delicious. This is a small restaurant and it was very busy. The staff did an excellent job of clearing away used dishes and refilling drinks. All in all, it was a very pleasant dining experience and I would recommend Palace of India.

• Visited June 2011
Michigan
“Best Garlic Naan in Town ---”
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I think we've tried almost all of the Indian places in town, and you must not skip the garlic naan at this place.

Also on the bille....a mango lassi --- super yummy. Also tried the mulligatawny - lots of good garlic flavor and appearance was definitely homemade. Main dishes ordered were the Curried Goat (A-), Chicken Vindaloo (A-/B+), and Malai Kofta, the vegetarian dumpling dish (sauce = A++, dumplings = F- [tasted like the freezer and had a horrible texture].) We ordered all items extra spicy, and were about a 7.4 on a scale of 10...so extra spicey isn't really SUPER HOT, but I'm sure they could make adjustments, if requested.

Also, excellent service --- was a slow Monday night, but they were accommodating a very large group in addition to us...everytime our water glasses were drained by an inch or more, a server came to top it off. Very appreciated!

In short, we will return and order completely different selections. However, from this first visit only, we prefer Bombay Cuisine because we are able to have wine/beer with our dinner selections.