We went on a little anniversary trip to Michigan. We booked our hotel online. We picked the hotel we did based on pictures on the website as well as ammenities and price. We arrived in Grand Rapids after a full day trip of sight seeing. We checked into our room and was very pleased with it. Our room was very clean and spacious with a king size bed. It was located off the main route but conveniently close enough to the pool area. We had a good night's sleep and awoke to a great continental breakfast that included some hot foods. Everything was going great until something strange took place at breakfast. The area that is used for the breakfast is a loft overlooking the lobby. Tables were located at each end with the food tables along the wall in the middle. Two people were eating when we arrived. They finished shortly after our arrival and left. So we were left eating alone. We heard a lot of chatter going on down in the lobby. The chatter and laughter grew louder and louder. We then realized that it was coming upstairs as the elevator door opened and probably 35 housekeepers, in full uniforms that said "STAFF" , stepped off and proceeded to form a line in front of the food tables. They then filled up their plates with food and sat down at ALL of the tables that were there for the guests! During this time, a mother with a child came up looking rather disgusted and grabbed something to drink and left. Another couple came up looking kindof shocked and started getting their food. My husband had me save our table while he threw away our garbage and told this couple they could sit at our table. It was the only table that staff wasnt sitting at! We have been to several hotels over the years and have never had staff come in at the continental breakfast proceeding to eat the guests food!! We are not sure if this is a routine thing that this establishment allows its staff to do, but it was rude to see that many staff members barge in especially when the breakfast time had just started. Overall, a great stay. Just make sure if you stay here, you get up early to beat the staff to breakfast!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites will be pleased to find that each well-appointed guestroom and suite includes satellite television with HBO®, a refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Other amenities at this Grand Rapids hotel include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning, free dinner every Monday through Thursday, a sparkling indoor heated swimming pool; largest in the area, hot tub and a complimentary airport shuttle service to the Gerald R Ford International Airport - located just three miles away. Proud to be the closest BEST WESTERN to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, named one of the world’s 30 Must See Museums by Patricia Schultz, author of 1000 Places to See Before you Die. Meijer Gardens is home to Butterflies are Blooming and Christmas Around the World and Grand Rapids Art Prize Annual exhibitions.Business guests of the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites will also appreciate this Grand Rapids hotel's close proximity to local businesses including the Grand Rapids Medical Mile. The Medical Mile is home to the Grand Rapids Community College Calkins Science Center, Spectrum Health’s Butterworth Hospital Complex, Grand Valley State university’s Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, and Michigan State University Secchia Center Medical School. The BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites is close to Amway, Meijer, Cascade Engineering and Steelcase Headquarters. The Best Western is centrally located within minutes to over 100 restaurants’, many of them participating popular Annual Restaurant Week.Specializing in hosting sports teams, the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites' location near Aquinas, Calvin, Cornerstone, Davenport and Grand Rapids Community Colleges. Located only minutes from Patterson Ice Arena, Soccer Spot, MVP Field House (directly across the street),and AMF Eastbrook Lanes Bowling Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel Grand Rapids
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Best Western