“GREAT Customer Service”

Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 17 November 2013

At check in I was provided a room, when I went to the room it was apparent that there were some repairs to bathroom still in progress. I phoned Jessica & took my bags back down to the Lobby to explain the situation. By the time I got to the desk, Jessica had already arranged another room. When I got to the room I was VERY happily surprised to find my room had been upgraded for the inconvenience. Within in a few moments of entering the room, Jessica phoned the room and checked on my satisfaction with the accommodations. Jessica's attention to detail & customer service are to be highly commended. Jessica's efforts and hospitality were above and beyond my expectations and an example of why I choose Best Western when traveling.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cameron C, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We are working hard on changing the culture of our hotel and staff and transforming it into what we hope will be one of the best in Grand Rapids. We look forward to hosting you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Of course, upon arrival here at 11:30 p.m., it was a quick check in. There was still ample parking in the parking lot at this time of night. I was given room 201, which had a king bed plus a small refrigerator and microwave. Fortunately, it was a clean and quiet room. The bed was comfortable. I had a good night's rest. I used the on-site gym in the morning. The exercise facility had 2 treadmills, 1 stair stepper, and a weight lifting machine. Breakfast closes at 9:00 a.m. on weekdays (it closes at 10:00 a.m. on weekends), so being a Thursday I went to the breakfast room a few minutes before 9:00 a.m. The food consisted of scrambled eggs, yogurt, breads, juice and many other items to eat. It was indeed a full breakfast. On my way to breakfast, I stopped off in the lobby to get a complimentary issue of USA Today newspaper. I took the last one. Make sure you get to the lobby early enough in the morning if you want to read this newspaper. I then took a shower, and the water was hot with good water pressure. All the staff I encountered at the Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites were friendly and helpful. Upon departure, the checkout was also fast. I enjoyed my stay at this Best Western, and the price charged at this hotel was reasonable.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask to be located far away from the highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cameron C, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We would like to thank you for your review. Unfortunately we never want to hear that one of our guests has had a bad experience during their stay however, we try to use each situation as a training tool to improve. I am very sorry that you encountered dog feces, unfortunately being a pet friendly hotel, this issue arises from time to time. I do know my staff cleaned it up as soon as we were informed. As i'm sure you were aware we are currently undergoing renovations throughout the hotel and I believe any issues you encountered will be fixed when our renovations are finished. We do hope that you will give our hotel a second chance to make a great first impression.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Don't let the exterior fool you or even the somewhat outdated hallways because the rooms are quite nice, nicely decorated, very comfortable bed, good water pressure. Very clean, very quiet, nice pool, good price! Overall if we are in the area we will stay again for sure!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Positives... Clean room comfortable bed. Negatives toilet was broken, in room fridge did not work, tv remote worked when it wanted to. This hotel must have changed over from other brands in the past. Modifications very cheesy!! I complained on checkout of these issues just to advise and not even a sorry for the inconvenience. Makes me question the brand

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent hotel!! My wife and I stayed one night celebrating our Anniversary. The only problem that we found was that the shower next to the sauna needed to be cleaned, it clearly wasn't cleaned everyday. That being said, our room was great and the service was excellent!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed in conveniently located (28th St) Best Western. Great quality as always. Saw many beautiful and interesting art works around the city as part of their art festival. Spent several hours in the GR Public Museum. Much to see and even do. Working carousel, too. (didn't ride!) Next day strolled for hours through the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. Fantastic place! Even enjoyed the childrens' garden. Definitely a place for the whole family. As for food, there are too many choices for excellent dining. We like casual, so we tried the Founders Brewing Co. Unusual, but delicious combinations for sandwiches. Had a fantastic pizza at The Mitten Brewing Company. Only had two days in GR, so will have to return to see more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I only stayed from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. and even that was too long. The carpets should have been replaced years ago, the bathtub plug didn't work, the shampoo provided dried out my hair, there were only five hangers, the breakfast included "omelettes" which were strangely taco-shaped egg with Velveeta inside, I had to run the English muffin through the toaster three times to get it mildly toasted, and there were no bowls for the cereal or yogurt provided. That being said, the staff were pleasant - although we were given rooms that seemed to be as far as possible from the elevator (and it was not full), the bed & bedding were good enough, the rate was low ($80 taxes incl.) it is close to highways and there was a shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business