Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
US$93
US$297
US$264
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$81
US$157
US$144
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$61
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$105
TripAdvisor
US$303
US$243
  • Pool
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$334
US$301
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubking suitewafflesbreakfast areafree dinnergreat place to staygrand rapids areaindoor poolbed was comfortableparking lotup to datecomplimentary breakfastclose to the airportexpresswayremodelingmeijershuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hazy pool, poor follow up by maintenance to repair in room issues, exercise room had one old bike, one old bench with no weights and staff, while friendly, provided no follow up to issues. Breakfast, while nice, closed early on two days and ran out of items. Staff seemed disinterested at times and grounds were poorly maintained.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank haleaka
Cameron C, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your candid review. I can assure you the concerns you voiced are not typical of our hotel. I believe you may have stayed during the time that we had to close our fitness room to install new flooring and we hadn't had the chance to get the fitness room up and running completely. For that I apologize, but we have all new equipment in there now. As far as breakfast, I would love for you to contact me personally, because we have always told our breakfast attendants to stay open later if needed and if we were in danger of running out of food, we are always willing to run out to get more. We never want our guests to leave hungry and unhappy. We have also hired some new maintenance personnel which we believe will dramatically cut down on the number of issues that have been reported recently. Again I apologize for the less than spectacular stay you encountered and would love for you to give us a second chance next time you are visiting Grand Rapids.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Perfect hotel we stayed during July 4th holiday. We books three rooms, all of us enjoyed the stay and breakfast. In-door pool was also clean and good. Hotel staff was friendly. We will definately stay in this hotel for our future trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully we are able to exceed your expectations once again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel Was great, It was pet friendly which is so good to know when you have to take your pet with you. The Breakfast was a good selection. and very clean. They did not run out of food no matter if you were early or later in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel in the company of your pet. We have made many changes to our breakfast design to encourage a better flow and make it easier to keep maintained and stocked, whether you are the first person or the last person to visit for breakfast.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have family in the area that we visit often, but our family has grown to the size that staying with family just doesn't work anymore. So, we were looking for a cheap but nice hotel that will work for family visits several times per year. This hotel is NOT it.

I will start with the positives, however, because if I don't get to them now I won't get to them at all. It isn't fair to not mention: quiet rooms, large and very warm whirlpool, swimming pool with a deeper (9') end than most, sand v-ball, and the breakfast buffet was well-attended by staff. However, NONE OF THESE POSITIVE ATTRIBUTES WILL EVER MAKE ME STAY THERE AGAIN.

We stayed three nights, and if other family members hadn't been staying there, too (two add'l rooms!), we would have left after the first night. The exterior was filthy with cigarette butts, cobwebs, bugs (dead and alive), and random junk (an old fridge, hoses, tools, construction material strewn about, etc.) When we arrived the side door was left wide open, not only letting plenty of moths inside, but the hallway wide open to intruders. Our room's lock even had old crowbar marks around it, as if someone had once busted in! So, right off the bat we were concerned about safety.

That said, our room had seemed clean on arrival. OK, so, we had two spiders: one in a corner in a web and one on a pillow. But the paper strap on the toilet assured me it had been sanitized. We noticed several maintenance items. Recent/ongoing renovations were done very poorly. We had a broken curtain rod hook. A spacer had been left in the grout and the ceiling had not been painted in the bathroom. There was an old pipe in the wall filled with grout. There was bubbling around the light switch, and odd patch marks on the ceiling. Obvious evidence of cheap renovations.

But, this is a two-star hotel, so what did we expect, right? That's what we told ourselves. We thought we could gut it out for just a couple of days. But, it all went down-hill from there. No one came to clean our room at all that first day. Then next day we got fresh towels and garbage bags replaced, but nothing more. Melted ice was still in the bucket, dirty coffee cup still sat on nightstand, no new coffee pack, surfaces were not wiped, etc. It was then that we discovered it wasn't being vacuumed, either. And it hadn't been before our arrival. How do we know? SOMEONE ELSE'S TOENAIL CLIPPINGS WERE FOUND IN OUR CARPET! Seriously. TOTALLY GROSS. At this point it was late at night and we were leaving early the next morning. I just wanted to get the night over with and get out of there.

We did talk to the manager on duty (Heather?) who apologized and said they had hired more housekeeping staff and we're working on correcting problems they'd had. She offered a $15 refund, as if $15 was going to make me feel better about our three-day stay in this RAT HOLE. But, because we booked through a third party she couldn't even do that. She opened a reward account and gave us points toward a future stay. Except, we are not likely to stay at a Best Western after this experience. I know she tried - really, she did. We did eat breakfast and swim in the pool, so I can't expect to have all my money refunded. But $15 on a $270 bill? We should have gotten at least one if not two nights free given that our room was NEVER properly cleaned in the three days we were there.

Granted, they are obviously trying to update their facilities with the renovations, but the owner/management is obviously not willing to pay for decent work, and I'm guessing they aren't willing to pay a decent wage, either, which is why they have housekeeping problems. That's my theory based on my experience. A cheap hotel, being managed cheaply, and walking my business right out the filthy door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trakie1

I first would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. I want to assure you that the issues you described have been taken care of or are in the process of being taken care of. In regards to some of the problems such as the cigarette butts, we do have ashtrays for guests and we do a daily sweep of the grounds to clean up the butts as well as the bugs. Others such as the objects in the parking lot were a direct result of the renovations we are undergoing. To address your safety concerns, those marks you saw on your door were not crowbar marks, but in fact were marks created from guests leaving the secondary latch in the door opening and repeated slams from the door closing. We are in the process of replacing all of the curtains in each and every room and have replaced our outdated 4 cup coffee makers with much more sanitary single cup makers. As far as the other issues, that is something we take very seriously and have let go of some of our employees who were not living up to our expectations. I understand all of this is not going to change your mind on the first impression that was left, but please understand we are working very hard at eliminating the "cheap" fixes and have a much better product already than the one you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We always stay at Best Western hotels so we picked this one as closest to the Van Andel Arena for a concert. Great service right away, they said I was a VIP and they gave us a free room upgrade to a suite! No complaints! Room temperature was great, bed comfy, we slept very well. Very good breakfast, shower was great! Don't understand other complaints! If there were malfunctions in anything I think the staff would have been right on it! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti S

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that everything was at or above your expectations, which is what we are always striving for at the Best Western. We look forward to your next visit when you are in Grand Rapids in the future.