“Excellent Service”

Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have stayed at several places in Grand Rapids but I truly enjoyed this one. The service alone was worth it. I found a few mistakes in my room like a hair on the toilet and rust on things with noticeable dings on furnishings however the rooms overall appearance was clean and cozy. The staff super friendly, and the service second to none. There food was also very good and the drinks at the bar were mixed well with a good atmosphere. I would definitely stay again. One more note was the location right by the mall and great restaurants. The Harlem Globetrotters were there the same night we were my daughter thought this was awesome.:)

Room Tip: Second floor was nice, beware however my room didn't include a fridge and they brought one up, b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaGR, Sales at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear TeresaDitta,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, on your stay with us in January. I'm pleased to hear that your stay and the service was excellent. On your next visit, if there are mistakes again, like the hair or rust, please feel free to let the front desk know so that the situation can be rectified, and/or you can be moved to another room. We rely on guest comments and feedback to help us consistently improve.
We appreciate your business, thank you once again.
Jaimee Kasperlik
Sales & Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip. Rooms are clean with a modern styling. Flat screen Phillips tv in the room is not HD and has poor picture quality. The tv only gets 34 channels with 5 of them being hotel channels...no Disney, Nat Geo, History, SyFy...more like a basic plus cable service with HBO. My next pet peeve is there are no outlets available near the bedside tables. The wireless Internet is great, I was able to stream a movie from HBO go with no problems noted. Big bonus to the very nice soft, plush bathroom towels. Did not try the pool, hot tub, or exercise room. My room was extremely quiet at night with minimal road noise. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here 2 nights for a wedding. The hotel was quite nice--better than I expected. The decor is up to date. The lobby is quite lovely, with lots of seating and nice amenities like a convenience store. There is a restaurant and a lounge, though we did not try either. We also didn't use the pool or sauna, but we peeked our head in and both seemed clean and attractive. The room was in good shape and spotless, which is a real pet peeve of mine. The bathroom was kind of dark, but the vanity outside the tub/toilet room was not too badly lit. The room was large and had plenty of closet space, another thing I appreciate. Quite a lovely place to spend a couple nights!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nobigdeal
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Booked this hotel for 4 women to stay in for a bachlorette party. I called with a few questions beforehand and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful in answering them. The hotel had no problem with us checking in an hour early. They were also very helpful in quickly providing a roll away bed when we had an additional person decide to stay in the room. They also provided the number for a cab service, which we used twice and who was very reliable. Even though the hotel seemed fairly busy, we didn't hear any noise in the hallway throughout the night and into the late morning. The shades on the windows were fabulous at keeping the light out, so much so that we thought it was still night at 10am! My friend also used the wireless internet and seemed to have no problems with it. Overall, the room and bathroom were fairly updated, nothing too special but definitely clean and appropriate given the price point. Would stay here again if I had the occasion to.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I tried pretty much all the hotels in the area before settling on the Crown Plaza. I travel to GR weekly and stay here each time. The rooms are the nicest in the area for the money and the executive floor is nice and quite and you get the Concierge Room as well if you qualify (which has free beer and munchies).

The food at the restaurant is very good and if you sit at the bar, Tammy is great! My only complaints are they need some free weights and a bench in the work out room and more TV channels.

Room Tip: As for the 4th floor on the 28th street side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank thebarnmichigan
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The staff was friendly and the lobby looked nice. The rooms were clean but the bed was too firm for me. We stayed on the third floor but the room felt like we were in a basement. It was very dark and dingy. The window was small and not a lot of light shed through. My husband complained about how dim the lamps were. It was annoying to have to charge my cell phone across the room because there were no plugs near the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha7V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Samantha7V,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the look of our lobby and our friendly staff. I'm sorry though that you were not 100% satisfied with your room conditions. Thank you once again for your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Edward C.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was placed here as part of a large corporate group, so I did not choose this hotel myself. The corporate rate we received was fair for this very average hotel. I was on the first floor, but it was very quiet and the beds were comfortable. The wireless internet worked fine, and the towels were thick and clean, and bathroom amenities supplied. The service at the front desk and the restaurant was pleasant. I did not use the pool, though it looked nice. However, despite all these good things, nothing would lead me back to staying here again. The bathroom is small, and although the room was clean, it seemed dusty - probably because the decor and style is quite dated and old. It was the little things they didn't seem to pay attention to -- the battery for the TV remote was losing juice. I ordered a hot tea for room service the first night (which they delivered without the traditional milk/sugar/spoon/saucer), and the carafe of hot water stayed in my room for the next 3 days without being taken away by housekeeping. What REALLY annoyed me was there was no phone near the bedside (so I had to get out of bed and walk across the room to the desk to pick up my wake-up call) and I couldn't even plug in my own phone, etc. on the bedside because there were no available plugs. I CANNOT STAND hotel rooms that do not have enough power plug ins, and to have none near the bedstand is particular pet peeve of mine. There was no menu in the room for room service. No express check out. Nothing major enough for me to classify this as a bad style, and I've certainly stayed in worse, but still ... needs a little more focus on the little things, as well as a general refresh of the stale rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank clamc40
John L, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear clamC40,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Grand Rapids on business. We take great pride in offering outstanding service and a quality experience for our guests from start to finish, so we deeply apologize for our shortcomings during your stay with us. We hope that you are able to visit us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids and perhaps, next time, enjoy our indoor/outdoor pool!

Warmest Regards,