This is an example of you get what you pay for. I was surprised that this hotel was cheaper than the Courtyard Marriott which is where I was originally booked. Check in was a long process and the front desk staff was not polished. Certainly didn't feel valued or given any special attention. I watched as the person checking me answered a call from an internal staff member where he needed an answer from his peers who were busy checking in other guests. So he put the phone down (not on hold) waiting for someone to help. One staff member walked over by the phone knowing they were waiting and ignored it. I finally said something to my person checking me in and he was like oh no there are still waiting? Very unprofessional.
I went to my room and quickly realized it was certainly no frills. In fact it felt kind of dirty. I was also frustrated as there was only one plug by the desk. I needed one by the bed and ideally three at the desk. Hotels never have enough or convenient plugs.
I had dinner and room service at the hotel. Dinner service was excellent. Food was surprisingly good. Only feedback would have been to have it hotter. Steak was coolish and potato was cold. Bread and butter would have been nice but overall well done.
I used room service for breakfast. Prices were very reasonable for a hotel. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and a pot of coffee. The eggs were perfect. However what was surprising was that they were served absolutely plain. It did not make for the presentation it could have with the perfect eggs because it was SO white. No potatoes, no tomatoes...not even a speckle of parsley to have some green! I couldn't believe even a cook did not see that as beyond barren.
I likely would avoid this hotel next time. Prices are great but I would rather get a room that feels clean, a bathroom that is bigger and hopefully a room that was more business friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cascade Township, our property features 320 newly renovated guest rooms, 21,000 sq. feet of meeting facilities, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, restaurant and lounge, and free WI-FI. Conveniently close to the the Gerald R. Ford airport with access to a free airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) Hotel Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Crowne Plaza