The Crown Plaza was the selected hotel for our baseball team over the weekend. The hotel looks like a Cold War relic. However, the rooms were nice, beds were comfortable and the kids enjoyed the pool. It has both an indoor pool (very hot inside) and an outdoor pool with a Tiki Bar. The manager and bartender were very nice and we were even able to get a few photos on the group behind the bar. The outdoor area more than makes up for a very stuffy indoor pool.
The food was ok but I expect better pankcakes for $8.95! They were a bit cold and doughy. The most disappointing part of the stay was the elevator was out of order so I had to make several long walks. Staying on the 4th floor was a challenge!
Hopefully they have corrected this problem. Other than that for $89.00 per night as a group rate it was a great choice for our team. I wish our team could have played a little better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cascade Township, our property features 320 newly renovated guest rooms, 21,000 sq. feet of meeting facilities, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, restaurant and lounge, and free WI-FI. Conveniently close to the the Gerald R. Ford airport with access to a free airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) Hotel Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Crowne Plaza