“Horrific” 1 of 5 bubbles

Grand Rapids Inn
Ranked #42 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
“Horrific”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The pictures are deceiving roaches everywhere my son took off his socks and his feet were black in a matter of minutes . i also found out that the government pays for felons and petefiles to live there and thay were hanging out all around our car. did not feel safe. this hotel should not be advertising to the general public. would never recomend this hotel. please find somewhere else this hotel is not safe.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank southernheart1964

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Got a jacuzzi sweet paid 80 dollars for a room got to the room and it was really dirty and the door didn't lock the sheets were dirty and had stains all over them and had dirt all over them. Went back to the front desk for a refund within 10 minutes and they refused! Worst hotel I've ever been too! So we ended up driving 2 hours home!

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank Sawyerz
Larned, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I found this hotel rather peaceful even though it was close to a major highway. I had an issue with the TV not being very clear and within a half hour I had a brand new TV! They are quick with any requests and any complaints are quickly resolved.
I noticed some reviews saying there were homeless people roaming around (I didn't see any) and felons living there. Every one there was kind, courteous, and no-one seemed untoward or dangerous. Anyone that seemed like a vagrant were escorted off the property. They have strict policies in place; one of which is no loitering at any time.
I felt safe and comfortable staying there and the price was reasonable. I didn't notice any cockroaches or any other bugs in the room I was in and it was - albeit built in the 60's - in good repair and functional.
When I was in the lobby getting coffee, I overheard a customer tell the front desk they weren't satisfied with the room they had because there was a spot on the carpet that looked like an iron was dropped. They immediately gave them the option of a refund or a different room. They picked the second option and the clerk gave them keys to three different rooms to check.
I will stay there again. It's not 5 star, but it was a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Robert K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Wow this place was pretty bad. Room smelled like funk, roaches crawled the walls, amenities were in disrepair, and hotel staff were rude. I guess it's better than staying at a prison, or at least the felons that get paroled there think so. Gr has a much nicer chain hotel right across the street, I'd suggest staying there instead!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank sexibutterfly
Manistee, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have NO IDEA how this place is open for business. We stayed here due to the fact that we had an early morning flight at the airport. I will NEVER stay here again in my life. The building itself looks run down and dirty. There were homeless people roaming around the parking lot. The first thing we thought when entering the room was that it smelled like someone had died in there. As a matter of fact, we checked the room for the body it was THAT bad. There was mold and brown stains all over the walls. An empty beer bottle was laying on the floor. There was a "roach trapper" underneath the desk. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. There was a large brown stain in the sink and the bathtub was so badly stained that we had to wear sandals while showering. When we pulled back the blanket for the bed... brown stains were all over the pillowcases and sheets. We slept fully clothed with the hoods of our sweatshirts pulled over our heads. There were people constantly slamming doors at 2:30 in the morning and there were also people constantly walking past our room. The room was so outdated. I was afraid to plug my iPhone into the wall to charge because every outlet looked like it was fried. I actually cannot believe that we ended up staying the night there, even if it was only for 4 hours. The only reason why we did not leave, was because of the fact that my boyfriend's mom took our car back to her house and was going to come back in the morning to give us a ride to the airport. I believe the room cost $45. You're better off saving that money and sleeping in your car. I can't get over the fact that this place is even in operation!! DO NOT stay here!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at any other hotel are nicer!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank FrankieT1213
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

small rooms, worst maid service ever, and it's a bit run down. Surprisingly this is not the most terrible place to stay, but if you can afford a chain hotel I'd stay there instead. Seems like Michigan has low standards when it comes to hotels. Tried Americas Best Inn first and that place is even more despicable than this one.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank RckyMntnChick
Marine City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have never been in a filthier room in my life! we left and went to another hotel. Floor was not vacuumed, mold on the walls and refridgerator, sheets and pillowcases stained, bathroom was utterly disgusting. I don't know how this place stays open!

Room Tip: Don't even bother
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North
Clarion Inn & Suites Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Airport
#33 of 49 in Grand Rapids

Been to Grand Rapids Inn? Share your experiences!