“Worth every penny, really is best kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge & Suites
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worth every penny, really is best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had the best experience here. Don't judge the book by it's cover. The staff is friendly, the rooms are well kept and it's quiet which is surprising because there is an airport and a highway right down the street. We arrived late but the staff saw us coming in and came right out to help, we stayed two glorious nights. The room was spacious, there was a fridge and sink/mini kitchen separating a front sitting room with pull out couch and flat screen and the bedroom/bathroom. The breakfast was a typical continental but we expected that and it was great. Sure the decor is a little out dated but because the overall experience of using the hotel, the sleep quality, the quiet, and peacefulness was wonderful it doesn't change my opinion. I highly recommend you stay here. It's relaxing and comforting to know there are still small places like this that value the customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the restaurant next door, towards the back of the hotel. It's quiet and co...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Given than my room was about $60 a night, I was not expecting a large suite (separate "living room"). This is a very nice, clean hotel. I'm glad I made a reservation, because it was fully booked when I arrived. Looks like I'm not the only person who likes this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank froggy123Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I don't know how this hotel got all the good ratings. When i first stepped in to the front door I can smell cigarette smoke. Then I was woken up at 5am from a constant knocking noise coming from the walls. Probably from the Water pipes due to other guess using the bathrooms all morning. Also the room was outdated. I had a horrible unpleasant stay. I stayed in room 117 so avoid if you have to stay there!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vandamn
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Local meeting host recommended based on low price.
The suite was nice and quiet unless someone walked.down the hall or on the floor above. Wireless free and strong. Bed good.
Breakfast marginal with few options but free. Coffee was weak.
No exercise room but open space to walk.
Service and room what you expect for the brand.
Advise 2nd floor.room.

• Stayed July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

This small hotel is a great spot in an excellent location. The hotel is less than a mile from the highway and 28th st. Just minutes away from everything you need.
The lobby was so beautiful and comfortable. I couldn't get over how clean it was. You could tell it was family run and they take great pride in this hotel. Everyone I met was so friendly and smiled.
The continental breakfast was good, it had all the essentials. Just wish they would have a few more Gluten free options.
Great price if you book online.

I would recommend this very clean hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Maggie40Z
Howard City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Thurs-Sat. Very impressed with the quality of service! Rooms were very clean-I even looked in the corners-EXCEPTIONAL! The staff seemed to be a family, very helpful and friendly. The cheapest place in town but better service than most! Free breakfast in the morning, hot waffles,yogurt,fruit, breads/bagels/muffins and cereal, milk,coffee,juice. Service with a smile! I would stay here again and I will encourage others to stay here also. Thank you for making our girls weekend out exceptional!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ginny P
Genesee, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

The Econo Lodge & Suites served its purpose! My daughter and I wanted to visit for a couple of days and wanted a place that we could get a good nights sleep and not have to pay a fortune for it! We arrived at the Suite put our bags down, changed clothes and off wewent sit-seeing! We returned after a long day to sit on a comfortable couch to watch television then retired for the evening. The next morning we had a light breakfast from the continential bar, got ready, packed our bags and off we went touring again!
The accomadations weren't fancy but the service was nice and they were very friendly. The rooms were clean. The tub needs some updating but we didn't take a shower, just washed up, so it didnt effect my happiness at all.
My daughter and I both agreed that if that was all we were going to do that we would visit again. Excellent price for a suite. I am glad that I got the bed though, never thought too much of pull out sofas!
Very nice stay, thank you to the staff at Econo Lodge & Suites in Grand Rapids.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family